3 Seagate Barracuda XT 3tb in raid 0 rocketraid 64x controller

Yolexys

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Hello,
I have 3 Seagate Barracuda XT 3Tb each in RAID 0.
The motherboard (EVGA Classified SR-2) only recognizes 3Tb total, instead of 9Tb.
Each 3T HD appears as if it were 700 Gb.
How can I make the motherboard recognize the full capacity of the HD's?
Thanks.
Yolexys

nytmode

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Its a common problem with all 3.0TB drives. In Device Manager, they only show up as 746GB. You need to update your drive firmwares, rocketraid drivers, intel chipset drivers and what ever other chipset your Classified SR-2 is using.

I had 2 Seagate Barracuda 3TB drives with the same problem as yours, I finally got them into a 6TB raid using Intel RST 10.8.

You can go through this article to understand more:
Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) drives and Support for Disk Drives Beyond 2.2 TeraBytes (TB)

Seagate Firmware Update

ngoy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

I am hoping you are just storing redownloadable content on this array you are creating, or it is being used as temp space for video processing or something, as if you lose one drive all your data is POOF!

eoinycroiny

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
yeah, 9tb raid0 doesnt make sense to me either. raid 1, 5 or 10 would be a better option. 9tb of of storage is risky in a raid 0, you will loose everything if one drive dies :/

anyway if thats what you really want, update your MB BIOS and make sure you have all the latest drivers for everything.