Solution
You can change the BLK but not the multiplier.

You will only get very small gains and it's hard to maintain system stability with a changed base clock as all other timings are governed by it.

DeepDystopia

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
if you slightly upped the cpu voltage, you could get a 15-20% oc on your cpu, more than you would get out of your video card. video card will prolly overclock about 8%, cause you dont have voltage adjustments for gfx. if you overclock the ram, it would greatly increase bandwidth, but this would take a slight ram overvolt and a fan over the ram sticks, and you can easily get 15-20% oc out of your ram. i find that ram overclocks are sometimes more beneficial than just cpu overclocks, and ive never seen a ram stick that couldnt be overclocked to the next standard frequency.

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

I've never seen anyone gain much real world performance from a RAM oc unless it's very RAM intensive what your doing.

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

um... i know for a fact that a gpu (7850 in this case) will overclock way more than 8%, i seen people do it with a minor overvolt in ASUS GPU tweak for example. ive seen 45% overclocking... and thats stable and not on water

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

how do i know if it fails this?

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

You will either get artifacts (flashing onscreen, colored dots spikes etc) or it will get a driver stopped message and it will crash out. NO damage done as long as you back off when these things happen.

You can OC a non-K i5 or i7, actually (at least a little, and not even touch the BCLK). Just raise the Turbo multipliers by 4 each.

It's possible because of something called "Limited Unlocked". All SB and IB Turbo capable CPU's can do it.

And you should never really touch the BCLK, regardless. It's safe to around 105Mhz, but there's no good reason to put it there considering how small of an OC that is.