New Built: Need Opinions on components

creaturecomfortzz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Hi, can anyone please comment on some of the parts that I have chosen so far. On a strict budget, and any value changes will be appreciated.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, web, gen office, movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD ATI

OVERCLOCKING: Yes
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080

Parts chosen so far:
CPU:
PhenomII x3 720 BE (2.8GHz) OR AthlonII x4 620

Motherboard:
ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo or -M Evo

RAM:
Corsair TW3X4G1333C9 2x2GBkit

PSU:
COOLER MASTER 550W Power Supply

CASE:
dont know, can you suggest something?

GPU:
Sapphire 5770

THANKS Everyone!!

creaturecomfortzz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
My Budget is in South African Rands, so its difficult. R7000 = +/- $900, but you guys can buy much better stuff for that dollar budget.

umm, other than the G.Skills (difficult to get here), what other RAM can you recommend (OSZ, Corsair, Mushkin) in that same performance range (1333mhz)?

And what specific corsair powersupply can you recommend?

Any of those would be good. Just make sure it's CAS Latency 7.

The 550VX would be fine. Here's a Newegg link to it to make sure it's the same.

The 300 Illusion might be tough to find outside the US too. If you can't find it, the Antec 300 is good, as is the Coolermaster Elite and 690. A little higher priced is the HAF 922 and Antec 900, which are two of the best cases out there.

creaturecomfortzz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Thanks dude. I read those G.Skills are not very compliant with an AMD platform. What do you think? I have had those chips in mind from the beginning but they are very difficult to get over here.

creaturecomfortzz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Yes I could do that. The situation is not that bad over here. Its just irritating that small supplier stick to their guns and is only willing to supply brands that they are comfortable with. Shame that we cant use Newegg. We do have Prophecy http://www.prophecy.co.za/ , not as big yet though.