sl8r

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Hello,
I bought a samsung g2 320GB portable usb hdd. Out of the box it was formatted using NTFS, I went ahead and began using it. I transferred about 100GB of info a soon as I unpacked it on a computer using windows 7 However I then plugged it in to a computer with windows xp on it and began to transfer copy some data to the portable disk (about 200MB) and I get this mft error from windows xp....so it dismounts automatically and then remounts the drive again as if I just plugged it in. So I move to a windows 7 pc and it tell me my drive is not formatted and that I need to format it, I didnt, instead I used this program called testdisk to recover my files then reformat again....how do I avoid this "MFT corruption when i plug into a windows XP" problem after the reformat??? thanks

sl8r

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

Scan disk stated that the disk was pretty much okay with 5kb in bad sectors, ubuntu 11.2, gnome 3 disk analyzer did say that my disk failure was imminent...is this utility right given that the format is NTFS which is Lunux unfriendly???