Sign in with
Your question

WC - Rads & Fans Help

Last response: in Overclocking
November 26, 2012 4:58:08 PM

Ok, so im new to WC and im a bit confused on CFMs & FPIs and acceptable ratios when it comes to overclocking needs. As I understand it: a high FPI rad should get a high CFM/RPM fan and vice versa on the low end (or that high on both is just generally good to have i guess). But what are high and low values? Apparently I currently have 70CFM/1200RPM (low?) fans on rads with 20fpi (high?). Given fans are easier to replace at this point then rads (and cheaper) what CFM/RPM would you recommend for rads at 20fpi?

Additional info: I plan to OC an intel 3770k cpu and a radeon 7970 (both WC) and I am generally interested in keeping decibels as low as possible. If more info is required, just ask :) 

More about : rads fans

November 26, 2012 5:01:27 PM

I just realized i posted this in aircooling forum?? coulda sworn I was in the WC forum... could I get a move? thx
m
l
November 26, 2012 5:06:39 PM

bigger fans move more air, so consider a case that has room for 2 80mm exaust fans, or 1-2 120mm exhaust fans. and get one or 2 of those fans that side mount in pci slots, to blow the heat from the video card out the back of the case. get a ram fan too, as i xseem to thing ram overclocking is very benficial.
m
l
November 26, 2012 9:00:54 PM

DeepDystopia said:
bigger fans move more air, so consider a case that has room for 2 80mm exaust fans, or 1-2 120mm exhaust fans. and get one or 2 of those fans that side mount in pci slots, to blow the heat from the video card out the back of the case. get a ram fan too, as i xseem to thing ram overclocking is very benficial.

ya, i feel like this problem could be settled easiest with different 120mm fans rather then a different case. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend what CFM range is good for a 20 FPI rad
m
l
!