I7 2600k advice on powersupply & cooling

nirrtix

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
I intend to overclock an I7 2600k what kind of powersupply do you recommend?

Would this be enough?

- CORSAIR CX Series CX750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

If not what do you recommend?

what kind of cooling would I need as well?

Solution
That power supply is more than enough to overclock a 2600k and a beast of a video card.

If you get two really power hungry video cards, SLI *might* be a problem for the PSU after a heavy CPU overclock.

The cooling needed will depend on how hard you want to push the CPU. For a decent 24/7 overclock up to 4 - 4.5 Ghz with sane voltages, a cooler master 212+ should be enough.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
That power supply is more than enough to overclock a 2600k and a beast of a video card.

If you get two really power hungry video cards, SLI *might* be a problem for the PSU after a heavy CPU overclock.

The cooling needed will depend on how hard you want to push the CPU. For a decent 24/7 overclock up to 4 - 4.5 Ghz with sane voltages, a cooler master 212+ should be enough.

Solution

nirrtix

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2012
well I may be getting a bigger power supply, what would you recommend to future proof that situation?

I am looking at 4.5 at most... I defiantly am overclocking that video card. I am not sure if I will need extra cooling for that, but I will if needed.At least it has decent on board cooling. I may buy extra because I can.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

Unless you plan on running two 7970's (or two old GTX 480's), you are probably fine for future power. The trend is toward less and less power use.