Just picked up an 8350 , what board should I mount int in

Sabertooth 990 r-1 , or Gigabyte 890 fx ud5 r-2 ? what is a decent OC , one that I can run all day that will give the best performance gains ? I found on my 1100t 3.9 was stable , gave a good increase in performance and temps stayed around 50-53 max @100% cpu under WCG B O I N C , what oc will give the 8350 like performance ?
Thanks
13 answers Last reply
More about just picked 8350 board mount
  1. I'm sticking mine into a Crosshair V, the Sabretooth was discarded as an option due to my graphics cards but is also a good choice
    Moto
  2. Motopsychojdn said:
    I'm sticking mine into a Crosshair V, the Sabretooth was discarded as an option due to my graphics cards but is also a good choice
    Moto

What was the problem with graphics card and the Sabertooth ? I'm not buying a board , the 8350 will replace the 1100 or 1090 , just want to use best choice between the 2 boards I hAVE .
  3. Ah, I get you, I thought it was the usual advice before purchase :-)
    No issues with the Sabre, I have two tripleslot modified 6950's and the Pcie spacings a bit wrong is all, I want them at X16 but I can't have it, unless I lose the mods
    Moto
  4. im going for the asrock 990fx extreme4 for mine
  5. sfvirgo86 said:
    im going for the asrock 990fx extreme4 for mine

I f I were buying a new board maybe that would be a choice , but have 2 boards above , one with a 1090 one with an 1100 , just want to use the best board for the 8350 .
    I will be buying a cheapo board to run the spare 1090 or 1100 though , Is there a good board with onboard video that is decent for overclocking ? I'll take one of the 2 cpu and have some extreme oc fun with it , so a good cheap board would be nice .
  6. sabertooth, a buddy of mine at work swears by it
  7. Motopsychojdn said:

Nice , that is some cooling system you put together , must be able to oc those cards big time !
  8. Nope, they hate any alteration whatsoever, maybe an Asus thing or maybe I should try a different software, CCC won't clock them at all,
    But the temps are always equal to the Cpu, usually after a Crysis session I'll check coretemp and nothing has exceeded 39'c :-)
    I just got 4.6Ghz out of it today so I'm confident a good 8350 will get me some bragging rights :-)
    I'm lucky with chips, just not Gpu's hehe
    Moto
  9. Hope I can get my 8350 up to 4.6 , bought the MSI 970 A G40 6 For the spare 1090t , $59.00 , that and the $9.00 masscool Masscool 7WA868 CPU cooler and am ready to seriously overclock the 1090t , it's just to see how high I can get it , don't care if it fries . This is my experiment rig now .
  10. Thubans don't seem to clock as well as Denebs but good luck and fingers crossed for you man
    8350 at 4.6GHz shouldn't be too dificult btw, 5GHz+ is my startpoint hehe
    Moto
  11. Motopsychojdn said:
    Thubans don't seem to clock as well as Denebs but good luck and fingers crossed for you man
    8350 at 4.6GHz shouldn't be too dificult btw, 5GHz+ is my startpoint hehe
    Moto

No way will I attempt 5.0 , don't have the cooling rig you have , just simple cheap air cooler ., might try the thuban outside when it's -30c , might get some good oc then on air cooling .
    Think ou could use this , then you'd hit 8.0
    http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-cryo-z-eol.html
  12. Naah, not my thing lol, I couldn't have Phase in our Pc room
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Performance Gigabyte Sabertooth Overclocking