Considering upgrade options

ryan2258

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I have been slowly piecing together my ultimate gaming setup over the past few years and I finally feel like its pretty complete. My PC consists of an Intel Core i7 920 CPU cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, 2 ATI HD 5870's in Crossfire, 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM, Asus P6T X58 Mobo, 1TB WD 7200rpm HD, All inside a Cooler Master HAF 932 Case. My monitor is a Dell 3008wfp 30" display and my input devices are a Logitech G5 Mouse and a Logitech G15 Keyboard. For sound I am using the Logitech z5500's. I've always gotten great advice on these forums and I was hoping that you guys could help me find products to improve my current setup. I have been considering Kingstons new version of their SSDnow series SSD's. I have been resisting SSD's for awhile due to their high cost but I feel like now the technology is becoming more refined and the prices a little more reasonable. Feel free to suggest better performing replacements for anything I currently own. Thanks.

ryan2258

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Yep. Thats what I've read. I was only considering the SSDnow series desktop kit because it includes all the things I would need such as the Acronis software and the mounting kit. Also, in the new revision they have added TRIM support and are claiming some improved Read/Write speeds. I'll look around for some reviews before I purchase anything I'll regret later. Will game performance increase with an ssd installed or will I just see decreased boot and loading times?