Build a powerfull gaming pc

I want build a pc for gaming that last long till i change any thing the budget not matter i just need to get sure what better in prosses Intel/Amd ... Vega ATI/Geforce ... Ram kingstone or ... somthing like that so i need help and i am online so i get a replay :) ty
61 answers Last reply
More about build powerfull gaming
  1. Please include all the information in the "How to ask for new build advice" sticky at the top of the forum. We can't offer any meaningful advice without that information.
  2. Budget = 2500$
    CPU = Intel / AMD .. I7 / 955
    GPU = Nvidia / ATI .. 295 / 4950
    Ram = .....
    Cooler = .....
    Case = ....
    MotherBoard = Geforce/MSI/xfX/Asus/...
    Audio = .... 7.1

the main thing i am nt a prof in this things that's why i ask profs in this work and i hope i get an answer
  3. We still need to know some basic information like what you will be using this computer for, what is included in the budget, where you are located, etc... That's why I asked you to fill out all that information.

I know you said this is a gaming PC. What else will you be doing with the computer? Do you already have a monitor? If so, what resolution does it run at? Do you also need an operating system? We still don't have enough information to suggest a build.

You don't have to pick out specific components, but you have to give us SOMETHING to go off of.
  4. This is the information / format shortstuff_mt was asking for...

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better)) BUDGET RANGE: (e.g.: 600-800) Before / After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: (e.g.: Grand Fenwick)

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case)

OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes / No / Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC)

A build for you without a monitor or OS... as an example...

Cost: $1,392.89
    CPU: Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860 - Retail
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard w/ USB 3.0 & SATA 6 Gb/s - Retail
    RAM: G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO - Retail
    HSF: COOLER MASTER Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-GP 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long life sleeve CPU ... - Retail
    HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
    PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
    GPU: XFX HD-587A-ZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card ... - Retail
    DVD: LITE-ON Black 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS424-98 LightScribe Support - Retail
    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
    Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
  5. in begain ty for fast answer ... it's for Graphic movie makin + PS CS4 [ PhotoShope ] .... 3d vision include for more gaming exp. I am in egypt .... And srry if i didn't understand you in the begain ... monitor / case[Full Equ inside] / keyboard / mouse / Speakers [7.1] ...
  6. Tom's Hardware has a solution for you. Here is a link to a detailed article about building a $2,500.00 performance pc:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-new-pc,2497.html
  7. JohnnyLucky said:
    Tom's Hardware has a solution for you. Here is a link to a detailed article about building a $2,500.00 performance pc:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-new-pc,2497.html

I was just getting ready to do the same thing. :)
  8. APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1/4/2010 ....
    BUDGET RANGE: 2000$-3000$
    SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Graphic moving making , photo shope , Gaming . Surfing Web , movie watchin..
    PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers,OS,Case, MB, Ram , Vega ,Pross , CPU cooling [AIR] , HD
    PARTS PREFERENCES: Important part coz i am confused For pross [AMD/Intel] Vega [ATi/Geforce]
    OVERCLOCKING: Yes
    SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes
    MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200
  9. 0.0 you sleep ppl ? xD :o
  10. You're not getting any responses because your post doesn't make any sense. According to your post you don't need a motherboard or RAM. We also don't know what site to recommend parts from because most of us are not from Egypt. Is that budget $2000 - $3000 US dollars?
  11. Newegg and yes Dollars >.>
  12. Newegg doesn't ship to Egypt. Are you just wanting links to Newegg so you can try to find the parts locally?
  13. Exactly and i already got a friend in US will get it all and ship it to me with DHL
  14. AnD don't get an budget i just need the best in the market what ever the price only the best that don't make me need any upgrade soon
  15. Ok you say no budget but if you want the best of the best you will pay close to 5,000 +
  16. what will be the component ?
  17. Review my sig on Recommended Builds and check out the Enthusaist Extreme Build... Those components are some of the best you can buy, specially for your budget. Others may recommend a different case, PSU or HSF on their perference but the rest are top of the line... IMO
  18. as much as i hate to say it intel is better..... however i cant see myself paying them when the close to the same quality from amd is nearly 50 percent cheaper
  19. by then this word you the man i want talk to coz i want to ask about the def coz there is a huge deff between prices and alot ppl saying it's same so ...
  20. The difference between intel and amd is very small.....

Intel is all about progress and power "newer is better"

Amd is all about perfection with progress and affordability "get the most for your money"

An Amd Phenom 2 Black edition processor could run you up to 300 dollars when its equivalent in intel may have a slight power edge over it for another 700 dollars so $300 dollars or $1000 dollars for a slightly and i do mean slightly better benchmark score... Both brands will last you the long hall
  21. Ok :D Second main question about Vega geforce/ATI since nforce got the new 3d vision that can make the gamin more intresting so any tip ?
  22. Ati has the leading edge on graphics hands down for now!!!
  23. the HD5970 is THE FASTEST card on the planet
  24. Ok now we move to the motherboard and the ram .. you said amd and i gonna follow you coz alot floks told me that too and i need 2T HD what best MB and Ram For AMD and the ATI 5870 + put in mind you recommend the G.skill rams what about the Corsir ?
  25. I disagree with the statement there is little difference between Intel & AMD. For gaming only, there is truth in that statement. For your other task, the Intel i7 920 has a big advantage over the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE. I would never recommend spending $1000 on a i7 975, so it isn't fair to compare the two for cost to performance.
  26. corsair is very reliable for ram ..... however with an amd build they have adata wich is getting better. but iwould recomend either, corsair dominator, or gskil ripjaw

for a motherboard it used to be asus but their support and quality have gone down hill lately, i would definatly go with a good gigabite board.
  27. tecmo34 said:
    I disagree with the statement there is little difference between Intel & AMD. For gaming only, there is truth in that statement. For your other task, the Intel i7 920 has a big advantage over the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE. I would never recommend spending $1000 on a i7 975, so it isn't fair to compare the two for cost to performance.

it is fair that is a huge price difference !!!!
  28. So jo what about a low intl pross that near phenom in price and better in preformance?
  29. i decode 3hr long movies in high quality and rip to dvd in a total of 15 minutes i would say the performace is there for the whole 150 dollars i spent on my am3 quad core
  30. dark check your privet msgs
  31. i cant right now because i am at work, cant access e-mail here
  32. ok np you can do later but you must coz i will be waiting so.. back to our take i need you to recommend me some items if you got a good budget ....
  33. as for disk space.... the best is ssd drives but they are insanly expesive... if you need 2T go with a western digital hdd they are truly the best reliable brand
  34. AxIoMZiPo said:
    So jo what about a low intl pross that near phenom in price and better in preformance?

All these are close in price & a better CPU...
    i7 920
    i7 860
    i5 750

The cost to performance of the i7 975 isn't worth it compared to any CPU. The i7 975 ISN'T worth the money... Only the three (Intel) I listed are worth the money and a true comparison to AMD.
  35. i would personally get a master drive and a slave drive

make the master your FAST drive like a ssd or a velociraptor drive and make your slave drive a data drive like a western digital 2t drive
  36. tecmo34 said:
    All these are close in price & a better CPU...
    i7 920
    i7 860
    i5 750

The cost to performance of the i7 975 is worth it compared to any CPU. The i7 975 ISN'T worth the money... Only the three I listed are worth the money and a true comparison to AMD.

May compare in multitasking but not in graphic rendering performance
  37. Like i said amd and intel have thier good and thier bad..
  38. darkjuggalo2000 said:
    May compare in multitasking but not in graphic rendering performance

LOL!

Are you really stating that AMD chips are faster for rendering graphics than the chips tecmo34 listed? Have you even bothered to look at any benchmarks? Just because you like AMD doesn't make them better. :pfff:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3641&p=5
  39. price for price what is better in the end? show me a benchmark of and intell and amd chip that cost the same
  40. darkjuggalo2000 said:
    i would personally get a master drive and a slave drive

make the master your FAST drive like a ssd or a velociraptor drive and make your slave drive a data drive like a western digital 2t drive

I agree the WD 2TB is a great hard drive... :D

I agree on the two drive concept with the SSD being the fastest but I disagree with the VRaptor recommendation. The best drives are either the Samsung Spinpoint F3 or Seagate 7200.12, which are based on single 500GB platters. They pretty much equal the performance of the VRaptor for 1/4 the price.
  41. tecmo34 said:

I agree on the two drive concept with the SSD being the fastest but I disagree with the VRaptor recommendation. The best drives are either the Samsung Spinpoint F3 or Seagate 7200.12, which are based on single 500GB platters. They pretty much equal the performance of the VRaptor for 1/4 the price.

Yup, the VelociRaptor's are yesterday's news. The drives mentioned above equal to or beat their performance for a fraction of the price.
  42. tecmo34 said:

the seagate is still 7200 rpm? are you refering to the 6g/sec drive? because if not i see no comparison with that and the velociraptor running at 10,000 rpms...
  43. umm guys you make me get confused again :S get on 1 side plz time is runing out :D
  44. i agree that the vr is yesterdays news but who can afford ssd?
  45. darkjuggalo2000 said:

Try comparing the i5 750 to the 965. The i5 750 is only $194.99 and offers better performance in nearly every benchmark.

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

That's $15 well spent IMO, but I know how pointless it is to argue facts with a fanboy.
  46. and just to clarify what i had already said earlier..... Intel is better than amd but amd is better for the cost----
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Systems Product