Buying the alienware aurora PSU req?

I am wondering about buying this aurora from alienware, and i am going to get the HD 5870 and the core i5 750 quad core, 4 gigs of ddr3 ram, 640GB HD. There is an option of going with a 525W power supply or a 875W psu. Is it worth it to get the 875w or should i stay with the 525w for the build? And for 1500 dollars is this a fine build?
8 answers Last reply
More about buying alienware aurora
  1. wicky woo said:
    ? And for 1500 dollars is this a fine build?

no
  2. My recommendation:

Build it your self for ~$300 cheaper. $1500 is a rip off for a i5 set up. You can get a i7 920/930 build for that money.
  3. 1500 Canadian dollars. I tried to build one for less and i got around 1360 excluding an operating system?
  4. it should be a lots cheaper. how much in US$ is 1500 CAN$???
  5. shovenose said:
    it should be a lots cheaper. how much in US$ is 1500 CAN$???

Well, on the alienware site it turns out to be about 150 cheaper, but if i was to build the same computer from scratch in US dollars it would be around 500 cheaper atleast
  6. well, since its obviously m,uch cheaper, why dont you build ur own? its fun, and u'll learn a lot. besides, if u break a component while installing, u can always return it to the manufacturer and claim it didnt work :P
  7. Computer components are so much more expensive here in Canada :(. But still, I'm able to get an x58/LGA1366 setup for the same price as that.
  8. exactly
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies HD Alienware Components