Sign in with
Your question

Building a new gaming system

Last response: in Systems
February 17, 2010 11:46:12 PM
February 18, 2010 11:34:23 AM

get the Prolimatech Megahelms/Mega shadow, they are the best air cooler in the market. everything checks out fine and oh get the g-skill rams and you could probably go for the HAF 932...
m
l
February 18, 2010 1:34:36 PM

I was leaning towards the g-skill.

I'll also be getting a nice $300 check in a few weeks for some work I'll be doing (it's essentially free money since it's not really work), not sure if I should put it towards another vid card or a SSD boot drive...

also debating on this video card: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2010 1:47:32 PM

ur better off buying the sapphire vapor x i'd b getting that as well :) 
m
l
February 18, 2010 2:49:10 PM

1- I would change the mobo for one wiwth USB 30. and SATA III, something like this, is more cheap and more better.

2- This is a very good cooler, and more cheap that the V8.

3- For the HDD, the spinpoint is very good, but is unavailable, so, this is another good option.

4- IMO the case is expensive, take a look of the Antec 300.

5- For RAM, i would get the 1st option.
m
l
February 19, 2010 12:57:22 AM

saint19 said:
1- I would change the mobo for one wiwth USB 30. and SATA III, something like this, is more cheap and more better.

2- This is a very good cooler, and more cheap that the V8.

3- For the HDD, the spinpoint is very good, but is unavailable, so, this is another good option.

4- IMO the case is expensive, take a look of the Antec 300.

5- For RAM, i would get the 1st option.

usb 3.0 isn't essential for me, and the ROG motherboard has the features and software I'm looking for. if they had a newer generation one with sata3 and usb3 I'd get that one, but they currently don't. perhaps the rampage 3 extreme will be out by the time I purchase.

I'm not really looking for cheap, and I think the v8 would be a better cooler than that one since it has more heat-pipes and a larger surface area.

I don't trust the seagate brand, they've had lots of problems recently with data retention, so I'll stick to WD or samsung.

again, not looking for a cheap case, I want something that will provide good airflow and cooling. the movable front fans on the 902 I think provide that.
m
l
!