vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

my specs are
intel core i5 3570k
asrock z77 extreme4
corsair 400r cabinet
corsair gs600w psu
i plan to overclock to 4.5ghz .what will be the lifetime of corsair h80?the company offers a 5 year warranty but i want to last it for atleast 10 years

aramisathei

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Corsair actually just released a new line of LCS-- the H100i and H80i.

Personally I like Corsair LCSs because they fit pretty well in my cases and don't weight down or block the CPU/Ram.

There are a lot of horror stories about them leaking, bad pumps, and so on, but I've had mine for years and none of them have had any issues other than not-so-great stock fans.

They may not be the absolute top-of-the-line for overclocking, but they can overclock pretty well with decent fans, and overall they aren't bad coolers.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

what fan i should fit with h80 replacing the stock fan i use corsair 400r case

The All-in-one water cooling solutions tend to be of poor quality. Even the more reliable ones don't get much cooler (if at all) than a High-end air cooler

If you'd like to build your own watercooling solution, there's plenty of forums here and elsewhere to advise you on components, cases, and how to mod them (bulding you own watercooling solution almost inevitably leads to some necessary case-modding).

I get the idea you don't want to go through that much trouble, though, so I'd like to reinforce the earlier recommendation for a Noctua ND-H14. It's the standby right now for a high end air cooler, and is about the same price as the coolermaster all-in-one you were considering.

good luck!

dragonsamus

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I'm going to say that since the warranty is only good for 5 years it's probably not going to last more than that. If you want something that'll last a long time then we an air cooler. Something like the Noctua, Havik 140, Archon, Silver Arrow etc.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

in finished building my system and my current temps at stock are 40c with H80. i know this is very high coz i'm having a water cooler what's the solution?

loresr97

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

My stock Intel CPU fan has lower temps than that. The solution would be reapply thermal paste, or buy the 212 EVO.