Best liquid cooler

i chose corsair H100 should i go to anything alse ?
17 answers Last reply
More about best liquid cooler
  1. Please don't.

    It's not that good of a cooler when compared to a Noctua NH D14, or even custom watercooling.
  2. here are my choices
    coolermaster hyper 212 EVO
    corsair H80
    corsair offers 5 year warranty but when the liquid inside it gets over what do i do can i refill it?
  3. The Corsair Hydro Series coolers cannot be refilled. What are your system specs and how high do you plan on overclocking?
  4. dragonsamus said:
    The Corsair Hydro Series coolers cannot be refilled. What are your system specs and how high do you plan on overclocking?

    my specs are
    intel core i5 3570k
    asrock z77 extreme4
    corsair 400r cabinet
    corsair gs600w psu
    i plan to overclock to 4.5ghz .what will be the lifetime of corsair h80?the company offers a 5 year warranty but i want to last it for atleast 10 years
  5. Corsair actually just released a new line of LCS-- the H100i and H80i.

    Personally I like Corsair LCSs because they fit pretty well in my cases and don't weight down or block the CPU/Ram.

    There are a lot of horror stories about them leaking, bad pumps, and so on, but I've had mine for years and none of them have had any issues other than not-so-great stock fans.

    They may not be the absolute top-of-the-line for overclocking, but they can overclock pretty well with decent fans, and overall they aren't bad coolers.
  6. There is also the thermaltake water 2.0 pro which is one of the best LCS.
  7. aramisathei said:
    Corsair actually just released a new line of LCS-- the H100i and H80i.

    Personally I like Corsair LCSs because they fit pretty well in my cases and don't weight down or block the CPU/Ram.

    There are a lot of horror stories about them leaking, bad pumps, and so on, but I've had mine for years and none of them have had any issues other than not-so-great stock fans.

    They may not be the absolute top-of-the-line for overclocking, but they can overclock pretty well with decent fans, and overall they aren't bad coolers.

    what fan i should fit with h80 replacing the stock fan i use corsair 400r case
  8. Use the stock fans.
  9. amuffin said:
    Use the stock fans.

    ok. how much years the corsair H80 will last?
  10. I don't know, but you probably don't get the warranty in India.
  11. No!No! Get a Rasa kit.
  12. The All-in-one water cooling solutions tend to be of poor quality. Even the more reliable ones don't get much cooler (if at all) than a High-end air cooler

    If you'd like to build your own watercooling solution, there's plenty of forums here and elsewhere to advise you on components, cases, and how to mod them (bulding you own watercooling solution almost inevitably leads to some necessary case-modding).

    I get the idea you don't want to go through that much trouble, though, so I'd like to reinforce the earlier recommendation for a Noctua ND-H14. It's the standby right now for a high end air cooler, and is about the same price as the coolermaster all-in-one you were considering.

    good luck!
  13. unfortunately noctua is not available in my area so corsair h80 was my only option other than coolermaster hyper 212 so i brought it
  14. I'm going to say that since the warranty is only good for 5 years it's probably not going to last more than that. If you want something that'll last a long time then we an air cooler. Something like the Noctua, Havik 140, Archon, Silver Arrow etc.
  15. Water cooling on ivy seems like a waste chips is a waste air can do just as well
    This chip doesn't really hit 5ghz like the 2500K.
    Custom cooling is a waste
  16. spentshells said:
    Water cooling on ivy seems like a waste chips is a waste air can do just as well
    This chip doesn't really hit 5ghz like the 2500K.
    Custom cooling is a waste

    in finished building my system and my current temps at stock are 40c with H80. i know this is very high coz i'm having a water cooler what's the solution?
  17. vishalaestro said:
    in finished building my system and my current temps at stock are 40c with H80. i know this is very high coz i'm having a water cooler what's the solution?


    My stock Intel CPU fan has lower temps than that. The solution would be reapply thermal paste, or buy the 212 EVO.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Corsair Overclocking