Editing HD video ? Cards?

elieli22

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Do you know the difference between win fast pxvc1100 and intensity pro? (They are priced about the same 180$-200$) ?
Do you know any other cards?
Does anyone has any suggestions for choosing a card for a home based HD editing system (not pro).
Other hardware suggestions will be good as well.
Thank you, have a good day. :bounce:

Solution
The Winfast card isn't actually a graphics card, it's just an additional processor to aid video processing. To my knowledge, it's the first of it's kind.

I can't find anything on an 'intensity pro' other than a Blackmagic capture card, which is unrelated to the Winfast card.

The Winfast card will signifcantly speed up your rendering times:
http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1590&pageID=7086

And is pretty worth it's money, even if for heavy home use. If you're just doing light things, you may want to overlook it. If you go that route, I'd get a cheap but capable CUDA card from nvidia. You can get a GTX 260 for around the same price, and there are cheaper options.

elieli22

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010

I am planing on buying AMD phenome II X4 (945/955/965) with a good msi/asus/GigaByte Am3 board with ddr3 2X2GB 1333/1666
I haven't build my new system yet but these are the specs.
Will a slower system do the job? ( maybe based on ddr2).

Why are these cards needed can't they speed up things? make video better the winFast comes with a software bundle..

The Winfast card isn't actually a graphics card, it's just an additional processor to aid video processing. To my knowledge, it's the first of it's kind.

I can't find anything on an 'intensity pro' other than a Blackmagic capture card, which is unrelated to the Winfast card.

The Winfast card will signifcantly speed up your rendering times:
http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1590&pageID=7086

And is pretty worth it's money, even if for heavy home use. If you're just doing light things, you may want to overlook it. If you go that route, I'd get a cheap but capable CUDA card from nvidia. You can get a GTX 260 for around the same price, and there are cheaper options.

Solution