February 9, 2010 7:38:01 AM

hi

My Config:
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
ASUS M4A78-E
4GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
ASUS EAH4870 1G

I got 500W VIP Gold SMPS.

I am facing Motherboard overheating problem (65 C) ..... Is it normal.......No overclocking?

500W PSU is enough for this config?

Regards

More about : psu asus eahd4870

a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2010 8:50:56 AM

Well i would say you need a Corsair VX550W PSU. HD4870 is very power hungry card. You would definitely need a 500W PSU and please don't get a Cooler Master PSU (warning you before-hand).

Looks from your current PSU, that you live in India. Is that guess correct? :) 
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 9, 2010 10:52:55 AM

Any good 500 - 550 watt PSU will work. I also favor the 550VX. But your PSU may be good enough.

65 C is high for a motherboard temperature and at the upper limits for CPU temperature. It is not high for a GPU temperature.

Your PSU will not contribute much to your motherboard temps. And it's possible that all you need is a better case. Do your temperatures drop significantly if you take the side of the case off?

How do you know which temperature is at 65 C?
Related resources
February 9, 2010 1:37:00 PM

jsc said:
Any good 500 - 550 watt PSU will work. I also favor the 550VX. But your PSU may be good enough.

65 C is high for a motherboard temperature and at the upper limits for CPU temperature. It is not high for a GPU temperature.

Your PSU will not contribute much to your motherboard temps. And it's possible that all you need is a better case. Do your temperatures drop significantly if you take the side of the case off?

How do you know which temperature is at 65 C?

Under load my CPU temp is around 45 C But Motherborad temperature reach 65 C.

When I take the side of the case the The temp drops by 5 C to 8 C allows me to play 45 min more before temperature alarm fire.

The temp. is detected by ASUS PROBE II.

I think better cooling solution is the only way so please suggest good cooling solution.

Regards
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2010 2:13:39 AM

Dont trust that Asus Probe II.

Download HWMonitor and check the temperatures.
Check if your PSU is active PFC or not. Coz VIP made both types and the non-active PFC model sucks big time. If its not active PFC, ditch it immediately. Its not at all good.
!