it seems to be very Hot! According to BIOS its temperature is always 98 C
but someCPU utilities show its temperature to be Round 38 C
What should i do?
is it always like this with the CPUs??
Please Suggest What should I do??

More about : heating problem

a b à CPUs
April 26, 2010 5:54:28 AM

It can vary depending on which application you are using. What programs have you been using? I'd recommend RealTemp or Speedfan. If the BIOS is always telling you 98 and it has been like that for quite sometime, it would have kicked out a long time ago.
m
l
April 26, 2010 6:36:22 AM

all temps appears in celsius or bios shows it in fahrenheit?
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2010 6:50:05 AM

38C is 100.4F
98C is 208.4F
Your CPU would be FRIED @ 98C so it sounds like your MotherBoard BIOS Temp Monitor is BAD... Try removing the HeatSink/Fan, Clean BOTH the the HeatSink/Fan & CPU with at Least 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, let dry & then Apply Fresh Thermal Paste (You can get Fancy and Spread it out Smoothly Completely covering the CPU Contact surface), Reinstall your HeatSink/Fan and start your Computer.
Check your BIOS again & if it still reads 98C the BIOS Temp Monitor is BAD... Download SpeedFan and check the Temp.
m
l
April 27, 2010 1:40:31 AM

jimiznhb said:
38C is 100.4F
98C is 208.4F
Your CPU would be FRIED @ 98C so it sounds like your MotherBoard BIOS Temp Monitor is BAD... Try removing the HeatSink/Fan, Clean BOTH the the HeatSink/Fan & CPU with at Least 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, let dry & then Apply Fresh Thermal Paste (You can get Fancy and Spread it out Smoothly Completely covering the CPU Contact surface), Reinstall your HeatSink/Fan and start your Computer.
Check your BIOS again & if it still reads 98C the BIOS Temp Monitor is BAD... Download SpeedFan and check the Temp.

installed the speed fan
and the readings are
system 38 C
CPU 98 C
AUX 42 C
HD0 43 C
Temp1 40 C
Core0 44 C
Core1 44 C
is there a way to correct the BIOS temp monitor???
because that seems to be the problem
m
l
April 27, 2010 4:47:59 AM

which is your motherboard?My friend has this same processor and it idles in between 20 on cores,I thinkits your heatsink problem ,clean it and reaply the thermal paste,and see what happeN
m
l
April 30, 2010 11:17:52 PM

Aneesh@4GHz said:
which is your motherboard?My friend has this same processor and it idles in between 20 on cores,I thinkits your heatsink problem ,clean it and reaply the thermal paste,and see what happeN

Its ABIT ip 35e
m
l
!