Case template for I/O and stuff...

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Gaming
  • Cases
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 18, 2010 4:43:50 AM

okay, so I got pissed off by the lack of gaming mini ITX and micro ATX cases... so I figgured I'd build one, I have a bigass piece of steel, anyone have a template I could use for this? as well as standard sizes and placement of holes for the I/O shield plate and expansion slots...

if I get something decent maybe I'll get into it as a hobby... but for now I just want a nice, portable, mini gaming rig for cheap...

I'll upload a sketch tomorrow after my class, you guy's can tell me what you think, and give some pointers...
thanks,
-Ian

More about : case template stuff

February 18, 2010 4:50:24 AM

Sounds good, thisll be a project ill be interested in... i want a nice small case for gaming, but even the antec p183 is fairly expensive compared to the 300 and such
m
l
February 18, 2010 4:58:05 AM

yeah... I mean, scrap metal is cheap... like I've gotten it anywhere from free to $5 a pound at most...
aluminum is a bit more... but really not by much...
I'm thinking I want to make a welded case, make it really rock solid...

I'm really curious how to make a punch that can cut the tabs for the side door... maybe if I do large flaps, have it slide through the edge of the back panel, and just screw down? I'd have to draw it... imagine an old school wooden drawer.
m
l
!