Welcome Newcomer. This suggestion only applies to USB mouse/keyboard, as some do not work properly while Windows is in sleep mode.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device
Manager in the Programs list.
2. In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
3. In Device Manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices.
4. Right-click the USB mouse, and then click Properties.
5. Click the Power Management tab.
6. Click to clear the Allow this device to wake the computer check box, and
then click OK.