First Stable OC Insight Please I7 Mobo P6T SE

waedoe

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
so right now im running prime95 stress test and its been stable so far. Ive been reading alot on how to oc and it seems fairly simple esspecially with this asus p6t se. However, I am still new to this and do not understand everything im doing, and the basic rules of OCing are some what confusing, but i assume that will get better the more i fiddle with the bios. Right now im running on the stock cooler with my i7 930 oced to 3.3 ghz.

Im really just looking for feedback on what i could change to run things more efficiently. Im trying to manually set my volts and freqs because i feel that gives me a better understanding of what im doing and it takes away from the system setting itself to over voltage (my ram tried to set it self to 1.8 v) any way any feed back would be appreciated ill put what i have so far below, and if you guys want to see more settings please dont hesitate to ask, this will sort of be a work in progress im going to let prime95 run over night and i think if the processor doesnt get over 75 celcius for the most part all night it is a pretty good oc so far on stock cooling. again I would like your input on all this if you think i can push it more let me know, its all very interesting.

Setup:

I7 930 Oced to 3.3ghz

-22 Multipliers x 150 mhz
- QPI Link 3600
- Voltage 1.08v
- QPI/DRAM Core Volt 1.26v
- CPU PLL 1.88

Asus P6T SE Mobo
6 gig ddr 1600 Gskill f3-12800cl9-2gbnq (1600MHZ)
-Dram Setting 750MHZ effective 1500 MHZ
-2:10
-CL 9
-Cycle Time 24
-Voltage 1.64v

gigabyte 5870
antec 750 new truepower
windows 7 pro 64bit

***Quick question is it ok that the cpu voltage and the ram voltage are more than .5v apart or do they neeed to be within .5v apart?

PIC:

2rp8soz.jpg

waedoe

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Ok so update for today.

22x 154 mhz = 3388 mhz
qpi link 2772x 2 = 5544
dram 9-9-9-24 (dont really know how to change this) @ 1540 mhz

now i disabled the LLC/Vdroop and i set the voltage higher in the bios.

Bios voltage is: 1.125
HW Monitor reports cpu at idle voltage is : 1.104
HW Monitor Reports Cpu at Load using prime 95 : 1.08

now from what i have read as long as the vdroop is with in .1 meaning the bios voltage 1.125 doesnt drop below .1 so 1.025 that you dont need LLC.

Right now Min temp is about 41 celcius
Max temp is around 71 - 72 celcius

Ive been reading for a few hours on vdroop and LLC im interested in what you guys have to say. I know with vdroop enabled i can run at lower idle voltages but so far my under load voltage are higher with LLC enabled.

Also is this a pretty good voltage to be able to run at 3.38 ghz?

one last question. im runnng at the full 22 multipliers im unsure is it better to run at lower multipliers (i relize id have to increase the bus speed to keep it at the current core speed.) or does it just matter at what runs stable?

sorry if im not using correct terms still learning quite a bit so far it seems pretty easy to get ahold of just some concepts take longer than others. if i can volunteer any more info to help you guys understand what im trying to say ill post it just ask thanks so much!

waedoe

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
so im assuming stable i know its only 8 hrs (over night) but these arent my final settings.

1. Should i be using LLC or should i keep it disabled ?

bios v 1.1375
Idle v 1.120 (HW MON)
Load V 1.088 (HW MON)

means about a .04 voltage gap between what i set my vcore at in bios and max load, with LLC enabled it is closer, but my system runs hotter under load.

2. How many multipliers should i be using, right now im using 22 is there a law for using even vs uneven? or is it just as long as it runs stable you are fine?

heres a pic of what im stable at right now, close to 3.4 on stock cooling should i keep pushing it?

5oian4.jpg