Sign in with
Your question

P5W DH Deluxe LED flashes but nothing boots?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 30, 2010 9:38:33 PM

Hi, my P5W DH Deluxe wont boot. Nothing at all works whatsoever. I havent taken out everything, ive switched ram, ive tried no ram, removed the battery.

My friend told me to short the PSU On its own connected to a fan and it worked. So does this mean my mobo is blown?

The PSU is a 430W antec and my setup is

E6600 3.5GHz, Nvidia GT220, 2x 300GB Rators in Raid 0

I cant work out if its the motherboard or its the PSU. Ive had this setup running atleast since july....

I did have a problem yesterday, same problem. I took the memory out, put it back in and it worked.
September 30, 2010 10:14:40 PM

p3ndldqny2 said:
Hi, my P5W DH Deluxe wont boot. Nothing at all works whatsoever. I havent taken out everything, ive switched ram, ive tried no ram, removed the battery.

My friend told me to short the PSU On its own connected to a fan and it worked. So does this mean my mobo is blown?

The PSU is a 430W antec and my setup is

E6600 3.5GHz, Nvidia GT220, 2x 300GB Rators in Raid 0

I cant work out if its the motherboard or its the PSU. Ive had this setup running atleast since july....

I did have a problem yesterday, same problem. I took the memory out, put it back in and it worked.

Got it working,ure how why i just left it for ages. Making me wonder if its thermal? Everything seems ok though..... slightly worrying! Maybe get a spare mobo online!
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2010 10:24:26 AM

cover the basics:

clean the ram/pcie slots
reset the cmos
make sure the cpu hsf is attached correctly (pull on it pretty hard - if it falls off your doing it wrong)
remove anything un-necessary

etc

All my old ASUS boards all got replaced because of cold-start issues...
!