ATI 5850/5870 VS nvidia GTX 300.

hero16

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
So i was just wondering like everybody else had durning the past month.Would the new upcoming GTX 300 really hold enough performance to defeat HD5850/5870/5970.Now i have indeed seen some pictures of the expected presentation that the 300 would posess and it was shown that a 300 could easly defeat the 5970.But i do not think that such a difference would really be possible in such short term of time.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/13742/nvidia_gtx_300_fermi_series_performance_slides_leaked/index.html

this is a page of the supposebly "leaked" nvidia.Now i don't think that there would be such a major difference.I mean what would this hold for us ? For the people who have choosen the '"hamlock" chips would that mean that in 2 months a card would come out that would render the whole ATI series laughable ?I wonder if they pack so much performance would than the price be more than insane on our already empty pockets.I do not think most gamers would decide to pack nivida when they already bought ATI the price would be to huge to ignore.Would nvidia still realy on their old system using old technology but making the cards bigger which in turn beats the smaller but more technologically advanced ATI.Nvidia was always in front with drivers because they were always using the old drivers so wouldn't than ATI be still able to beat Nvidia with new upgraded drivers ? .What are your thoughts on this matter.

Thank you for reading this eagerly awaiting any comments.

AMW1011

Distinguished
I hate those benchmarks, they ruin my optimism for Fermi. Those results are pretty close to the maximum nVidia could hope for considering those games are the most nVidia biased. If the fake benchmarks show that, then Fermi may be far below.

Or those benchmarks show nothing as they are nothing and are totally fake.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
How unrealistic do they seem? I mean look at the ati cards, they are the same bump over the 200 series that the Nvidia 300s (400s) are over the 5000 Ati cards...

I dont see unrealistic...

Don't be so quick to judge, maybe the results might not be real, but dont cross out the possibility of the cards being that much stronger.

:heink: A change from something that was never officially confirmed or endorsed, unless you have some evidence of Nvidia referring to the GF100 as the GTX300 that no one else has seen of course.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
speculation and the fact that all I did was reuse the title of this article:

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/17524/1/

In my sentence:) So whether it was ever planned or not, don't really care, as it is a change from what ppl believed, thats all that matters. :p

So the cobblers people on forums and rumour mill sites make up is all to be taken as some form of fact now huh? Even though myself and TGGA told people not to refer to it as the GTX300's because no one knew if that's what it was going to be called?

hero16

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Yes indeed but regardless would they really be so much stronger than the ATI cards ? I understand about 10Fps difference in games but this ? And also how would gamers afford those cards ?I already dug up to buy the 5870 crossfire how could i afford an Nvidia card at this point.From my point of view they waited to long to release them but regardless they might force ATI in to a price war which would bring the Hamlock chips way way way down which works for us never the less.

notty22

Distinguished

You keep referencing OLD articles , now from 2 different web sites. Just search the same information by date and you can get correct more current information. Fermi made brief appearances at CES 2010 in Vegas. The naming was officially announced 8 days ago.

I do, and if you research the benchmarks most of them are extrapolated from Chris' results in his HD5970 review, the only one pulled from elsewhere is the last one where in Chris' review it produces a poor result for the GTX295 below a single HD5870.

So either a fake cobbled together from existing benchies using old nV powerpoint letterhead or else nV is borrowing other people's work to make their 'predictions', and not actual testing. :na: