Need a bit of help picking an SSD

csidog

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing an SSD, but i'm not quite sure which is the best 'Bang for your Buck.'
Currently I have a budget of basically under $125, and I do live in Canada.

I want to use this SSD, for my OS, and a few games, and some applications.

I found two that look relatively good, but I'm not an expert on this and I'm looking for some advice to pick one out.
What I found was:

1. Corsair Force Series GT SATA III Solid State Drive, 60GB on sale for $109.99 at www.memoryexpress.com
2. Crucial M4 2.5in SATA III Solid State Drive, 64GB for the price of $119.99

What are your thoughts on theses? And if they aren't a great pick, what would you suggest?

I would prefer to get this from www.memoryexpress.com, but if worse comes to worst I wouldn't mind www.ncix.com, or other Canadian computer websites.

Thank-you

csidog

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

Oh awesome! Yeah that is a pretty good price for a 120gb drive, and it is only 140 after instant savings, and mail-in rebate. Plus it's in stock! :)

Thank-you for your help, i'll try and get one of these this week

@confish Newegg reviews are not a measure of failure rates. They can be taken as a relative measure: a drive with a higher percentage of failure reviews is probably worse. However, someone with a drive that fails is far more likely to write a review than someone with a solid product. SSD failures are generally under 5%; the Petrol's may be slightly higher.