Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gaming mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 30, 2010 11:25:10 PM

hey guys im looking at building a gaming rig but I have no idea what mobo to buy I would like i7 capability with sli/crossfire as for price range I would say like 300 $ CAN max

More about : gaming mobo

a c 1098 V Motherboard
a c 272 4 Gaming
October 1, 2010 3:42:02 AM

I7 9xx or 8xx?
Two different sockets.
m
0
l
October 1, 2010 4:12:04 AM

9xx please
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 295 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
October 1, 2010 4:17:44 AM

Hi dsshhm and welcome to Tom's hardware forum.

i5-7xx + GTX460 or i5-7xx + 5770 and u have all the power that u need.
m
0
l
October 1, 2010 4:20:19 AM

saint19 said:
Hi dsshhm and welcome to Tom's hardware forum.

i5-7xx + GTX460 or i5-7xx + 5770 and u have all the power that u need.

that may be true now but i kinda want this rig to last me a bit also i just have to have that extra umph so i can brag to all my friends about how i can run game x at max with 300 fps :p 
m
0
l
a c 295 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
October 1, 2010 4:23:42 AM

If u keep in mind that the human eye only can see until 100 FPS (a little more or less) 300 FPS only can useful for benchmarks :lol: 

Now if u still want the i7, I'd go with an i7-930 plus a ASUS P6X58D-E or ASUS SABERTOOTH both are very good mobos.
m
0
l
October 1, 2010 4:34:03 AM

saint19 said:
If u keep in mind that the human eye only can see until 100 FPS (a little more or less) 300 FPS only can useful for benchmarks :lol: 

Now if u still want the i7, I'd go with an i7-930 plus a ASUS P6X58D-E or ASUS SABERTOOTH both are very good mobos.


i know but its like owning a Ferrari you'll never go that fast but everyone is like damn... :p 

uhh forgive me for sounding like a noob but i just don't understand this part of the specs

"PCI Express 2.0 x16 3 (@ x16/x8/x8 or x16/x16/x1)"

i know it's for the video card but how do i know what im looking for :p 
m
0
l
a c 295 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
October 1, 2010 4:52:56 AM

The x16, x8, x4 or x1 means the speed interface between the GPU and the mobo.

Usually x16 or x8 are very good and u won't say any difference.
m
0
l
October 1, 2010 4:55:20 AM

saint19 said:
The x16, x8, x4 or x1 means the speed interface between the GPU and the mobo.

Usually x16 or x8 are very good and u won't say any difference.

sweet thanks
m
0
l
a c 295 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
October 1, 2010 5:03:49 AM

Your welcome ;) 
m
0
l
!