Gaming mobo

hey guys im looking at building a gaming rig but I have no idea what mobo to buy I would like i7 capability with sli/crossfire as for price range I would say like 300 $ CAN max
10 answers Last reply
More about gaming mobo
  1. I7 9xx or 8xx?
    Two different sockets.
  2. 9xx please
  3. Hi dsshhm and welcome to Tom's hardware forum.

i5-7xx + GTX460 or i5-7xx + 5770 and u have all the power that u need.
  4. saint19 said:
    Hi dsshhm and welcome to Tom's hardware forum.

i5-7xx + GTX460 or i5-7xx + 5770 and u have all the power that u need.

that may be true now but i kinda want this rig to last me a bit also i just have to have that extra umph so i can brag to all my friends about how i can run game x at max with 300 fps :P
  5. If u keep in mind that the human eye only can see until 100 FPS (a little more or less) 300 FPS only can useful for benchmarks :lol:

Now if u still want the i7, I'd go with an i7-930 plus a ASUS P6X58D-E or ASUS SABERTOOTH both are very good mobos.
  6. saint19 said:
    If u keep in mind that the human eye only can see until 100 FPS (a little more or less) 300 FPS only can useful for benchmarks :lol:

Now if u still want the i7, I'd go with an i7-930 plus a ASUS P6X58D-E or ASUS SABERTOOTH both are very good mobos.

i know but its like owning a Ferrari you'll never go that fast but everyone is like damn... :P

uhh forgive me for sounding like a noob but i just don't understand this part of the specs

"PCI Express 2.0 x16 3 (@ x16/x8/x8 or x16/x16/x1)"

i know it's for the video card but how do i know what im looking for :P
  7. The x16, x8, x4 or x1 means the speed interface between the GPU and the mobo.

Usually x16 or x8 are very good and u won't say any difference.
  8. saint19 said:
    The x16, x8, x4 or x1 means the speed interface between the GPU and the mobo.

Usually x16 or x8 are very good and u won't say any difference.

sweet thanks
  9. Your welcome ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gaming Intel i7 Product