Sign in with
Your question

Whats happening?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 28, 2012 3:29:44 PM

I just now put together my first pc, i thought everything went smoothly, i turn it on but find out my fans are only going 391 rpm, and my cpu was 87 degrees. I checked my cooler and the heatsink itself was a bit wobbly, yet its all bolted down tight. Please help. Thanks
Specs:

Case: CM Storm Trooper
CPU Cooler: CM 212 EVO
Processor: I5 3750k
Motherboard: Asus p8z77-m Pro

More about : whats happening

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 3:48:34 PM

The heatsink is wobbly? What exactly is wobbly on it? Mine is rock solid. I have a feeling you didn't tighten the screws completely. As to why the fan is going slow check the bios and see what the cpu fan speed is set to.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 10:08:23 PM

The cooler should not be wobbly. Take it off and put it back on. My twists a bit but it doesn't wobble.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 10:12:55 PM

You may not have installed the backplate correctly or have not screwed it down fully. Just like the above poster has mentioned take it apart and re-install carefully.

Take the time to read this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/LGA-2011-i7-3960X-A...

If all else fails call an exorcist, you computer may be possessed, it only gets worse from a wobbly heatsink. :lol:  (Sarcasm, didn't really mean that).

Edit: If your asus board is similar to mine (M5A78L-M LX Plus) then you should have something like Q-fan in the bios which has three settings, one of them being turbo which runs the fan pretty fast. I think it goes close to a 100%. Also you can adjust the fan speed settings with a program called Speedfan.
!