ragerness

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I just now put together my first pc, i thought everything went smoothly, i turn it on but find out my fans are only going 391 rpm, and my cpu was 87 degrees. I checked my cooler and the heatsink itself was a bit wobbly, yet its all bolted down tight. Please help. Thanks
Specs:

Case: CM Storm Trooper
CPU Cooler: CM 212 EVO
Processor: I5 3750k
Motherboard: Asus p8z77-m Pro

The heatsink is wobbly? What exactly is wobbly on it? Mine is rock solid. I have a feeling you didn't tighten the screws completely. As to why the fan is going slow check the bios and see what the cpu fan speed is set to.

socialfox

Distinguished
You may not have installed the backplate correctly or have not screwed it down fully. Just like the above poster has mentioned take it apart and re-install carefully.

Take the time to read this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/LGA-2011-i7-3960X-Air-Overclocking,3130-4.html

If all else fails call an exorcist, you computer may be possessed, it only gets worse from a wobbly heatsink. :lol: (Sarcasm, didn't really mean that).

Edit: If your asus board is similar to mine (M5A78L-M LX Plus) then you should have something like Q-fan in the bios which has three settings, one of them being turbo which runs the fan pretty fast. I think it goes close to a 100%. Also you can adjust the fan speed settings with a program called Speedfan.