Cooling

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
November 28, 2012 4:57:24 PM

Hi, I spotted that my small cooler after week os sooner will be dead! so what should I do? use GPU vent or Laptop? pecouse i cant find such a small cooler
Motherboard: ABIT KN8 Ultra (that smaller went) I already changed few years ago so its time to do this again!

More about : cooling

a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 5:55:31 PM

Well how do you know this cooler will be dead in a week? Also is this small cooler on the motherboard chipset?
November 28, 2012 6:02:10 PM

Strange sounds from it holds not well and else... Yes it is on Motherboard chipset
Related resources
November 28, 2012 6:21:12 PM

Hm.. Think I would use Heatsink plates i have some of them few big ones :)  but i think i will buy it in next 5 days :) 
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 6:43:20 PM

OX-49 said:
Hm.. Think I would use Heatsink plates i have some of them few big ones :)  but i think i will buy it in next 5 days :) 

You could use those normal heatsinks without the fans, given they fit. Just have good airflow to lower the temperatures.

I assume by heatsink plates you mean this?
http://media2.rsdelivers.cataloguesolutions.com/LargePr...
November 28, 2012 7:04:35 PM

even bigger ones :D  my system runs on 25C-37C max 41C (very rarely) i think i will ,,glue" them :) 
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 7:06:44 PM

Well...I would not recommend gluing it, since it would be hard to remove it if needed. There should be those two mounting points on the heatsink for it to be compatible.
November 28, 2012 7:17:02 PM

I don't think I need any cooling on that spot pecouse my PC are open, in cold place and has 4 Colers and one Turbine (2x12V+air intake) so this is that temp without that extra cooler :)  25C-37C max 41C
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 7:22:16 PM

Well its evident you have got a good cooling setup with 4 fans and this so called turbine. :lol: 

Anyways is that the temperature right now with the heatsink plate? If so that's fantastic.
November 28, 2012 7:29:06 PM

nope it is without it! and without cooler. and don't laugh my legs are freezing right now!!
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 7:33:04 PM

OX-49 said:
nope it is without it! and without cooler. and don't laugh my legs are freezing right now!!

without the heatsink and the fan? :o 
Err...not sure that's recommended, I would strongly urge you to get a heatsink, anything even if you want to glue it on. Just don't run it without it, you may damage it. Anyways how's your legs doing? :lol: 
November 28, 2012 7:41:26 PM

Hm... ok i will put that heatsink. My legs is ,,fine" just breething ultra fresh and cold air
November 28, 2012 7:44:21 PM

My skype name is seven_roads if you want to chat in private send message ;) 
a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 7:45:43 PM

Hahaha :lol: 
Not sure how you stand the cold, I myself hate being cold especially during the morning right after I wake up. For some reason I wake up icy cold shivering and needing to wear clothes on top of my existing clothes.
November 28, 2012 7:50:59 PM

where do you live? in Sibir? or in Canada? :D  no offens it is silly pecouse in our contry we have to take cold shower! pecouse of warm water prices :D  (really) We have to wear much clothes to warm up! pecouse of huge electricity and gas prices (Dictators Russians) thats how we live and thats why I don't need so much coolers for my PC :D 

a b K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 7:53:36 PM

OX-49 said:
where do you live? in Sibir? or in Canada? :D  no offens it is silly pecouse in our contry we have to take cold shower! pecouse of warm water prices :D  (really) We have to wear much clothes to warm up! pecouse of huge electricity and gas prices (Dictators Russians) thats how we live and thats why I don't need so much coolers for my PC :D 

Canada, up north its very cold but I live near the edge of Canada near the US. In my area temperatures in the summer are very hot and in the winter it gets quite hold. +30-40 in the summer and -20-30 in the winter.
November 28, 2012 8:00:47 PM

East Europe, Near Baltic Sea, LIthuania!!! Summer from 17C to 42C winter from 7C to -32C I live in Supercontry!! Monthly payment (minimal) 800Lt-290$ 1/2 gets this payment, taxes 791Lt :D  it's funny pecouse it's true :D  thats why in lithuania PC are lame but cool :D D
!