What graphics card are recommend for a Gateway DX4860?

I really need to know
15 answers Last reply
More about what graphics card recommend gateway dx4860
  1. Well depends on what you are planning to do with the video card and also what resolution you will choose to be gaming at.
  2. 720p at least
  3. Bump
  4. I would say the HD 7850 would do just fine with 720p with the potential to max out most games.

Also I believe you should not bump your post, I have seen the moderators lock threads when you claim "bump", believe there is something else you do...

Edit: Hold on let me see if your computer has a PCI-e Slot.
  5. I'll close this thread then.

Thanks for your help.

Do I need a power supply?
  6. Hey no need to close the thread, mistakes happen. Hopefully no mod will see this thread :D

I just checked, your computer comes with a 300 watt power supply which is insufficient for must video cards. You need an upgrade.
  7. I should buy a whole tower, huh???

But just in case what graphics card can play up 1080p?
  8. donkeyjack said:
    I should buy a whole tower, huh???

But just in case what graphics card can play up 1080p?

The 7850 will do great with 1080p. Anyways what do you mean you should just buy a whole tower? Do you mean a new computer case or as in a new build?
  9. What's a computer case? They call it a "tower" I need to get my PC knowledge up.
  10. Computer case is pretty much what you see on your computer right now that houses all the components.

Example:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

That there is a computer case, the motherboard, CPU, video card etc. all go in there.
  11. OH, no.

I actually want a whole new tower.

This tower sucks for gaming. I can't run a PSP emulator.
  12. Hmm...are you sure it can't run a psp emulator? An emulator does not need much. I own the PSP and when overclocked through the XMB, the PSP runs @ 333mhz. Your processor is more than enough for emulating a psp game. (Hopefully your obtaining your games legally, I heard emulators are deemed illegal by Nintendo. Not sure about Sony but either way downloading the games for free is not the right thing to do).
  13. Wait a minute. How do you overclock your system?

Nah, I can't even run the dolphin and I got my wii games with my wii mote.

My tower is ass. Nah I don't download games for free.
  14. donkeyjack said:
    Wait a minute. How do you overclock your system?

Nah, I can't even run the dolphin and I got my wii games with my wii mote.

My tower is ass. Nah I don't download games for free.

I was referring to overclocking the PSP which previously was locked at 266mhz but one of the firmware updates bumped it up. Some days I feel my psp warm when playing for a long time. If you really want to construct a new build then post it in the systems section, some really good people there who will help you out. Of course I will keep an eye on that thread if you don't get any replies.
  15. Ok, I gotcha. Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gateway Overclocking