Sign in with
Your question

I need jumper setting for overclocking a board...

Last response: in Overclocking
November 28, 2012 6:49:32 PM

Hello,
I have an eMachines EL1852G52w computer that has a G41T-AD motherboard....Yes, I know....I would trash it if I had the money to replace it, BUT, that is currently not an option.....I have all of the specs on this motherboard (and my system)....I'm an amateur tech and CAN reset jumpers for overclocking....However, I haven't found any jumper setting documentation online for this particular board....Any suggestions are appreciated....Thanks!
a c 164 V Motherboard
a c 125 K Overclocking
November 28, 2012 7:31:57 PM

Simply remove the CMOS battery with the power unplugged, press the power button so the PSU will discharge, leave it a while and !!!VIOLA!!! your BIOS settings will be reset to default...
December 4, 2012 11:36:32 PM

Thanks for your reply but I have one question: Why do I need to reset the BIOS when I have not made any adjustments to it?
Related resources
a c 164 V Motherboard
a c 125 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 3:04:34 AM

"I'm an amateur tech and CAN reset jumpers for overclocking...."

This appears to be your question... You don't need a specific jumper setting to OC.
December 5, 2012 4:01:43 AM

The particular AMI CMOS on this MOBO does not allow over clocksettings...It will need to be done manually on the MOBO itself....That is where my problem stems from: I don't know what jumper settings - ON THE BOARD - to use....If it was as simple as using CMOS to make the settings, I would have already done that....But, this is a low end MOBO and can't be overclocked by using CMOS
a c 164 V Motherboard
a c 125 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 4:58:46 PM

Then there is no way to OC... But you should be able to OC on any G41 board by changing the BCLK. Can you not change the multiplyer at all???
December 5, 2012 5:35:16 PM

No, there is no such setting in the BIOS....guess that's another reason for now buying an eMachine....The 1TB HD went out on it 6 months after I bought it brand new....Didn't have the money to buy a decent computer....Going to build my next one from the ground up.....
a c 164 V Motherboard
a c 125 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 5:47:05 PM

Ah ofcors, some OEM PCs lock these settings totally in the BIOS...

Sorry to say that you will have to go without OCing...
December 5, 2012 6:29:55 PM

There are several jumpers on the board itself, but, I don't know what they are for...can't find a reliable site to get specs on this board.....
a c 164 V Motherboard
a c 125 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 7:47:21 PM

Any board has several jumper. Usually ranges from voltage settings to resetting the BIOS or any number of functions. But if your BIOS is locked by the OEM(Acer in this case) then a simple jumper will not unlock it.
December 5, 2012 11:58:35 PM

That's what I was afraid of.....Yes, it is an Acer board.....Well, I will know better next time......Thanks......
a c 164 V Motherboard
a c 125 K Overclocking
December 6, 2012 12:13:44 AM

jcolbert74441 said:
That's what I was afraid of.....Yes, it is an Acer board.....Well, I will know better next time......Thanks......

All good. Sorry for the bad news..
!