Sign in with
Your question

Gaming desktop under $1,000

Last response: in Systems
February 18, 2010 9:43:46 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week BUDGET RANGE: under 1000 Before / After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Running Vuze, Gaming, Internet Surfing, iTunes, Video Editing, etc.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:monitor, keyboard&mouse

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United States

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD Quadcore CPU

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x900 (most likely) have not purchased monitor yet

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: would like to have a decent graphics card in the price range of $150-200. 1TB hdd and 4gb+ memory. i also need a reliable wireless-n card, quality and large-ish powersupply would be great

More about : gaming desktop 000

a b C Monitor
February 18, 2010 10:44:30 PM
February 18, 2010 10:55:40 PM
Related resources
February 19, 2010 1:45:24 AM

I agree with that build but you can combo the optical drive an the cooler (heatsink) together for $10 combo savings
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

and you can combo that graphics card with a OCZ 700W PSU and theres two of them.

The first link's PSU (the Mod) is a little more powerful than the other one but the second link's PSU the stealth)is quieter and cheaper too and have a bigger rebate). They both have 700W and theyre both around $60 too after MIR. and theres a combo discount too. If you do these combos that save you around $50 in combo savings and give you mail in rebates too and a better PSU. Its a win-win.
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 19, 2010 2:00:14 AM

+ 104.99 for a OS
a b C Monitor
February 19, 2010 5:31:34 PM

don't waste your money buying an OS, just download it then use an activator, that's what i did, actually every single windows os i had on every single one of my builds where downloaded, then cracked, it's extremely easy and there are no cons about it you'll be able to use every single feature anyways cause it'll detect it as original software. just be careful with which updates you download
March 28, 2010 1:19:36 PM

graphics card is sold out on newegg, have any other link where I could purchase it?
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
March 28, 2010 1:42:15 PM

Just over $1k but with 23 incher Full HD LCD hehe Swap out kb/mouse for a wireless N USB adapter? $926 with $2 ship w/o LCD
a b C Monitor
March 30, 2010 4:14:31 PM

A-data mem? not very resounding, are they any good?
March 30, 2010 4:31:44 PM

wiinippongamer said:
don't waste your money buying an OS, just download it then use an activator, that's what i did, actually every single windows os i had on every single one of my builds where downloaded, then cracked, it's extremely easy and there are no cons about it you'll be able to use every single feature anyways cause it'll detect it as original software. just be careful with which updates you download

He may go that route on a personal basis, but piracy should never be recommended on a public forum
a b C Monitor
April 1, 2010 7:57:25 PM

i think the OP already bought the rig i suggested a month ago "APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week", he didnt reply to any other comment, no worth to keep suggesting things
!