Differences between Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P and Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Tom's Hardware
  • Gigabyte
Last response: in Motherboards
October 1, 2010 10:25:32 AM

Hello,

I am a first time poster, and dare I say a new visitor to Tom's Hardware. I am looking to buy a desktop system to fulfill my gaming needs and to have bragging rights because of my huge powerful system (don't we all).

I already decided on an Intel i5-750 for the processor

I already ordered a GPU the MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC, which is going to hopefully be paired with a second in a close or distant future, depending on future games gluttony for pixels/voxels/polygons.

So this leaves a hard choice in the motherboard sector. I have read around the site and the reviews recommend some very nice motherboards from ASUS and Gigabyte but i incline to buy Gigabyte since it got the Recommended Buy on the comparison review. The only problem is that this particular board: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P is not available in France where i currently live (by choice). I found however the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 which seems to be the same board with 2 features excluded: Support for Smart TPM and Smart Dual LAN, at least those are the only differences i have noticed on the Gigabyte product pages: link for the first link for the second.

And now the question: Does anyone know if there are some radical differences between these 2 motherboards?

I might be interested in overclocking at some point and i am definitely thinking about SLI (which they both support). Appart form games I do some image editing and maybe some 3D graphics, but that should not be a big problem. I plan on aquiring a second monitor to complement my first 24'' too.

More about : differences gigabyte p55a ud4p gigabyte p55a ud4

!