SLI Problem - Havent found a solution in the forums?!?

mangoose

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I just posted this directly in the nVidia thread, but thought this would open more possibilities...

I have been having some trouble with my new SLI system, and have looked around and not found anything like this problem...

Ill start off with my system:
Case: Antec Nine-Hundred
CPU: Intel Core i5 Lynnfield 2.66 Ghz Quad
Motherboard: MSI P55-GD80 LGA 1156
RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (4 x 2GB sticks)
Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W (SLI Ready)
Graphics Card: 2 x XFX 9800 GTX Black Edition PVT98FYDBU 512MB 256-Bit GDDR3

then some opticals, hard drives, and some speakers...

I am running two cards in SLI, and when I am browsing around windows, opening folders, surfing the web, and watching movies in WMP, everything is fine. However, as soon as I open an application (and I am not sure of the correlation between these, other than they all are *outside* of the regular "windows" interface), i get some strange blue flashing lights almost like every frame displayed has a second blue-tinted shadow on it...here are the programs so far that I have seen this in:

3d Mark 06
3d Mark Vantage
Warcraft 3
Borderlands
Crysis
Call of Duty 4
Dirt

If anyone has any idea on what is causing this, I would love to hear it, and before you ask, yes, I have connected the SLI bridge, installed proper drivers, and everything else...also these cards are IDENTICAL, so there shouldnt be any issue...right?

mangoose

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
when i switch back to regular (ie NON-SLI), the problem goes away, but thats the same as not even having the second card...

I havent swapped them yet, and tried using only the second card in the primary slot, will try when i get home.