Here's my specs:

MB: Asus P5P41T USB3 - 775
CPU: E7200
PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W
DDR3 Corsair 2x2Gb CL9
Radeon HD 6770
3x Sata 2 HDD
Windows 7 Professional x64

I’m having some problems when returning the bios on default after an ovk. Everything goes well and no errors but, when I look into CPU-Z at the CPU clocks it seams that it’s stuck with the CPU multiplier at 6… it should be (6 - 9,5) x 266 leading to the default CPU freq 2530. whatever I do (open browser, games, programs, stress the cpu with prime) the multiplier stays at 6 and CPUz reads 6x266=1600. Every program shows the cpu at 2530 (Aida/Prime/Orthos)…
In Bios the default option is 6-9,5. I tried to manually set the multiplier at 9,5, but in Win, CPUz still shows 6.

Do you have any idea what should I do? How do I make sure that the CPU runs at least at the default 2530?
There is no bios update available for my mobo… only an update for USB or something like that.

More about : wrong multiplier

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 29, 2012 3:38:14 PM

Sounds like Intel Speed step which allows the operating system to drop the multiplier of the processor to decrease power usage during low usage times. Even my i7 2600k that I have clocked at 4Ghz will drop clear down to 1600Mhz when I'm not running it hard. I'd see if disabling that in the Bios would eliminate the problem. Maybe there's an issue there.

Also, is there any heat issues with the processor? Ia the processor gets too hot it will automatically throttle itself down to save itself from dying. Also, if it gets too hot it can actually just shut itself off completely.
November 29, 2012 7:07:49 PM

steddora said:
Sounds like Intel Speed step which allows the operating system to drop the multiplier of the processor to decrease power usage during low usage times.....

Thank you for replying. I don't think is any problem with heat as i run with a Zerotherm Core 92... even if the thermal paste is kinda rubbish... went out of ceramic silver and i put some paste that came with the cooler..
I just ran prime95 just to check again the temps and both coretemp and aida showed 58/59 max temp for core0 and 54/55 for core1.
Is this high?

Is there the possibility that the PSU does not supply enough power so the CPU does not run at the higher multiplier? .. maybe a noob question :) 
The PSU is new but Aida shows this voltages:
+3.3V = 3.424V
+5V = 5.752V
+12V = 8.573V
-5V = -1.8v
V Standby +5 = 5.188V

Is this normal?
!