Sign in with
Your question

Packard Bell Imedia 5070 where are the USB ports on the back

Last response: in Components
April 26, 2010 6:31:45 PM

Hello, I have a Packard Bell Imedia 5070 bought in 2002. It has 2 USB ports on the front & someone told me it has 2 at the back on the motherboard. I wouldn't know a m'board if it got up & waved at me so is there anyone out there who can help me please? Or was my PC born without these rear ports? Sylvia
April 26, 2010 8:03:48 PM

das_stig said:
http://support.packardbell.com/hu/item/index.php?i=mr06...

Your rear connections may not be 100% identical.

Hi das_stig, Many thanks for trying to help but the model shown is a later model than my Imedia 5070, bought in 2002. I've looked on the Packard Bell website and it shows my model and, whilst the spec. says there are 2 USB ports at the front (correct), it also says there are 2 at the back on the motherboard. There are definitely no USB ports visible so I can only assume I would have to take the back off to find the motherboard and I don't feel confident enough to do this, unless someone gave me clear instructions on how to go about it. I have bought an external hard drive but my system won't recognise it & the Seagate support website says it is more likely to recognise it if plugged into a rear USB port - hence my problem. Thanks again. Sylvia
!