Sign in with
Your question

Thubans and 890FX?

Last response: in CPUs
April 26, 2010 7:21:51 PM

I was wondering if the thubans and 890FX's are suppose to come out?? I thought it was tomorrow but I haven't seen anything about it.
I only have a Bestbuy so I don't have a store to call, but does anyone know if its this month or whatever?? I don't know if all theses dates are just rumors?

More about : thubans 890fx

a b à CPUs
April 26, 2010 7:31:36 PM

The 1055t is available on amazon, but I have heard that the 1055t and 1090t are officially released tomorrow.
m
l
April 26, 2010 7:42:41 PM

Pro Llama said:
The 1055t is available on amazon, but I have heard that the 1055t and 1090t are officially released tomorrow.

Ok, yeah I thought it was tomorrow. Is the 1090t the only BE? Cause I wanted to know if the 1055t had unlocked cores?
I have been waiting for them to come out so I can get the new 890FX with the Hex, even though they will be more than I need, they will last way longer than
a 790FX and X4. I bet they are so sweet I can't wait, I won't be able to buy my computer till a little later this year probably by the end of the Q3.
So hopefully by then they will have DVD, HDD, SDDs all in sata 3 and affordable.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2010 7:49:31 PM

Salt-City_Slasher said:
Ok, yeah I thought it was tomorrow. Is the 1090t the only BE? Cause I wanted to know if the 1055t had unlocked cores?
I have been waiting for them to come out so I can get the new 890FX with the Hex, even though they will be more than I need, they will last way longer than
a 790FX and X4. I bet they are so sweet I can't wait, I won't be able to buy my computer till a little later this year probably by the end of the Q3.
So hopefully by then they will have DVD, HDD, SDDs all in sata 3 and affordable.

The 1090t is the only BE. Do you mean the 1055t having an unlocked multiplier, not unlocked cores? The multiplier on the 1090t is unlocked and it is locked on the 1055t.
By the time you are buying a new comp. some of the prices should have dropped somewhat, but I wouldn’t expect anything ridicules.
m
l
April 26, 2010 8:50:16 PM

yeah multipliers is what I was thinking of. My plan is to get the 890FX-GD70 w/ 1090t or 1050t. I am doing my first build so I have been reading as much as I can about
parts just to make sure I get what I want and need. There is so much to learn and I have been learning more and more everyday.

So I am assuming these 2 are going to be better than the 920 &930, I am hoping its at least the same as the 960 or higher cause god knows how fast they are when
overclocked!!!!

I have been thinking of what is better 6 real cores vs 4 real cores with 4 virtual, so pretty much the question is, Is the 2 extra cores in the Hex better than 4 virtual cores in the intel??
m
l
April 26, 2010 9:01:16 PM

Salt-City_Slasher said:
yeah multipliers is what I was thinking of. My plan is to get the 890FX-GD70 w/ 1090t or 1050t. I am doing my first build so I have been reading as much as I can about
parts just to make sure I get what I want and need. There is so much to learn and I have been learning more and more everyday.

So I am assuming these 2 are going to be better than the 920 &930, I am hoping its at least the same as the 960 or higher cause god knows how fast they are when
overclocked!!!!

I have been thinking of what is better 6 real cores vs 4 real cores with 4 virtual, so pretty much the question is, Is the 2 extra cores in the Hex better than 4 virtual cores in the intel??

Virtual cores only give you about 30% increase real cores give 100% increase. so is 60% better than 200% and you have yoyr answer (btw this comes from an intel man)
m
l
April 26, 2010 9:03:33 PM

sorry 4 virtual would give a 120% increase as apposed to 200% increase with 2 real cores
m
l
a c 160 à CPUs
April 26, 2010 9:13:40 PM

Both comes out tomorrow.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2010 9:27:26 PM

So the hardware labs and reviewers already have their sample and are just waiting to release the benchmarks tomorrow per the NDA?

Or are we going to have to wait several days for reviewers to get their chip and then to the benchmarks?
m
l
April 26, 2010 10:31:04 PM

Well I am way more excited for the AMD releases 10x more than the fermi release.

Yeah I think that amd wasn't looking to beat the top intel, but they sure are going to beat the intel 920/930, I want to see the benchmarks
with the new cpus on the new 890FX. I bet they are pretty sweet, and if the mobos are like 250 and the cpus 300, then a 500 setup is same as getting any of the intel chips in this range. I really want the 1090t BE w/ 890FX-GD70, I did want the intel 930 but I know I am going to love the new AMDs.
m
l
a c 160 à CPUs
April 27, 2010 5:00:46 AM

Comes out.

U can find the MSI 890FXA-GD70 and the ASUS Crosshair IV in newegg.com, I just waiting for the ROG edition of the Crosshair IV or the Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 or 890FXA-UD7. Gigabyte is the best option for OC, os, maybe i go with one of the gigabyte mobos.
m
l
April 27, 2010 5:50:28 AM

Sweet there out, I can't wait to buy now!! I already have my whole computer planned out.
0I noticed that the MSI 890 is called 890FXA-GD70, it didn't have the 6pcie slots either so I dont think its
the one they showed on the internet awhile ago, but will be good enuff for me!!!

I haven't graved it in stone, so I will see what happens and see which board becomes the most popular and best to use.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 6:15:33 AM

Salt-City_Slasher said:
I was wondering if the thubans and 890FX's are suppose to come out?? I thought it was tomorrow but I haven't seen anything about it.
I only have a Bestbuy so I don't have a store to call, but does anyone know if its this month or whatever?? I don't know if all theses dates are just rumors?

A review of the newly released Thuban on an 890FX motherboard.
http://www.techspot.com/review/269-amd-phenom2-x6-1090T...
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 6:22:50 AM

Salt-City_Slasher said:
Well I am way more excited for the AMD releases 10x more than the fermi release.

Yeah I think that amd wasn't looking to beat the top intel, but they sure are going to beat the intel 920/930, I want to see the benchmarks
with the new cpus on the new 890FX. I bet they are pretty sweet, and if the mobos are like 250 and the cpus 300, then a 500 setup is same as getting any of the intel chips in this range. I really want the 1090t BE w/ 890FX-GD70, I did want the intel 930 but I know I am going to love the new AMDs.

The Thubans did not fare as well as I hoped. At least on this review:
http://www.techspot.com/review/269-amd-phenom2-x6-1090T...
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 6:35:02 AM

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_10...

Fairly impressive review, well done, better than what was said here anyway.

Big problem I can see, there is no reviews I have found yet that have separated the 1090t from the 850fx chipset. 2 new products released and tested only together rather than separate leaves me wondering if there isn't an underlying problem with the new motherboards or early bios issues. The reason I question it is from the reviews of the 890gx, pretty unimpressed. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-890gx-radeon,25... The 890gx improved in some areas and lagged in others. How does the 890FX fare?
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 9:04:33 AM

noob2222 said:
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_10...

Fairly impressive review, well done, better than what was said here anyway.

A more favorable review for Thuban than the one I posted from TechStop. I wonder whether the games included in the TechSpot review are selected primarily because they show poor performance for the Thubans.
But on the otherhand, the OC3D review also shows those only favorable to Thubans.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 3:18:02 PM

randomkid said:
A more favorable review for Thuban than the one I posted from TechStop. I wonder whether the games included in the TechSpot review are selected primarily because they show poor performance for the Thubans.
But on the otherhand, the OC3D review also shows those only favorable to Thubans.

ya, some game benches seem to be a bit of an oddity, but then again, no one expected huge gaming boosts with a 6 core processor, just like the 980x.

Will be interested in the 790 vs 890 results from hardware canucks.
m
l
April 27, 2010 9:26:19 PM

Will be interested in the 790 vs 890 results from hardware canucks -noob2222

Thats what I want to see, even though the newer isn't that much more $$ it only really has the new sata and usb and a few other things, while the 790FX already has a good reputation, solid bios, same design..for the most part.

I figured I wouldn't get a 790fx cause they are the older one and will be out of style quicker esp. when sata and usb 3 become the norm, so it is hard to say, is the future proof of the 890 worth unknown results here in the future.

Whats say it ends up being less of an enjoyment than the 790fx, will it be worth it to buy it instead and wait for
the "bugs" to be fixed solely for the sake of it being "in" longer?
I haven't really read any review yet I thought I would give a week or so that way they we would have some
"real" users doing tests, like you and me instead of these sites that always seem to do testing but forget a lot
of what were looking for, like OCing, and all angles of the spectrum.

Either way I want one lol, I definitely am going to get the 1090t BE, so it just depends on what is better between all
the 890FXs and the 790FXS. I am not buying probably until the middle of the Q3.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 12:29:30 AM

I would definitely get the Thuban 1090T as soon as it hits the stores where I am.

I also want an 890FX and I believe that whatever kinks in the 890FX BIOS will be fixed soon enough.
m
l
April 28, 2010 3:41:22 AM

I haven't heard of any "kinks" yet but there more than likely out there.
The problem I have is choosing which board to get.lol. I like the MSI gd70, but the Crosshair 4 also looks really good, not to mention
the others to be on shelves.
m
l
!