ITS HERE NEWEGG HAS IT!!!!! Phenom X6

Time to start pricing.
67 answers Last reply
More about newegg phenom
  1. $309 for the black edition? :o

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103849&cm_re=X6-_-19-103-849-_-Product

I suppose we'll see some benches soon. I'm waiting for bulldozer though before I upgrade again.
  2. Cool. I'm curious to know how they kept the TDP the same as the PIIx4s after adding two cores.
  3. Im guessing benches are going to be out tomorrow. Cant wait :D
  4. Bluescreendeath said:
    Cool. I'm curious to know how they kept the TDP the same as the PIIx4s after adding two cores.

Their new SOI and HKMG process that Thuban uses is more efficient.
  5. yannifb said:

6 cores for $210? I'm shitting bricks... :o
  6. Bluescreendeath said:
    6 cores for $210? I'm shitting bricks... :o

Lol seriously, this will give the i5 some serious competition.
  7. oooooooooooh, can't wait to get one (have to get some extra money)
  8. yannifb said:

Agree. :D

Now it only a matter of time before benches start to show on review sites.
  9. Im not planning on getting a Thuban, but i am still tempted :D. I'm going to save my money till bulldozer.
  10. DUM DUM DUMMMMMM!!!

Affordable 6 cores for all!

Rejoice!

/bow AMD
  11. Oh yeah, and I agree, the 1055T is going to tear i5 a new a**hole clock4clock. :)

I want to see one OC!
  12. yannifb said:

As long as you don't need to use SLI, there won't be any competition at all, it will stomp the i5.
  13. AMW1011 said:
    As long as you don't need to use SLI, there won't be any competition at all, it will stomp the i5.

Well i wouldn't be too sure, since AM3 mobo's have dual x16 slots. Which makes a slight difference in xfire/sli

EDIT: I just noticed your profile pic and lol'd hard
  14. yannifb said:
    Well i wouldn't be too sure, since AM3 mobo's have dual x16 slots. Which makes a slight difference in xfire/sli

What I meant was that the P55 can SLI and Crossfire on the same board, an Intel board. AM3 needs a dedicated nVidia board, and we all know how HORRIBLE nVidia boards are.

And thank you. :D
  15. Quote:
    i wonder whens the 95W 1055Ts coming out?

I dont see it happening.
  16. Raidur said:
    DUM DUM DUMMMMMM!!!

Affordable 6 cores for all!

Rejoice!

/bow AMD

AMD loves me... Yeah yeah yeah! A nice upgrade from an X3 720BE is waiting...
  17. bige420 said:
    I dont see it happening.

Look again, now. :)
  18. yannifb said:

Phenom II will likely bottleneck before an 8x 2.0 slot, not including single cards and resolutions 25x16+.

+1 about AMW's pic. :)
  19. They'll probably release an undervolted version at 95w. It seems to me AMD keeps there voltages higher than needed, since for example i can run my 955 BE at 3.2Ghz @ 1.175 volts (from 1.35 stock), which cuts down power usage and heat ALOT.

EDIT: This was in reply to the guy asking about a 95w version
  20. jennyh said:

On wikipedia it shows 2 versions of the 1055, one at 95w with slightly lower voltages and one at 125w. But I dont see why they wouldnt release the 95w one now.
  21. jennyh said:

Its going to be another 1055T, no? That thing is going to sell like damn hotcakes! Not that a 6 core @ 125w near $200 won't already. :)
  22. Hmm.

95w 1055's are available in the UK, and I'm sure elsewhere if you look hard enough.

There should be 95w and 125w versions, although I'm unsure about the ratio of each. The reason why 95w 1055's exist is due to much better than expected yields of the chip. Remember when this was supposed to be the topped bin Thuban at 140w? :)
  23. Quote:
    $309 for the black edition?

Hahaha... take that, Intel...

They've already got a couple uploads of the 1055t on Passmark, and it appears to have beat the Intel i7-930... man, I can't wait to see how this thing can do. Wow, am I pumped now; thank god that I got an am3 motherboard. :)

It looks like Intel might just get some competition again. It's always great to see AMD put up a fight, and this is exactly why. I could buy three of these for the price of one i7-980X.

I can't wait to try this out in my 790fx-GD70. Now all I need is a second card for crossfire and this rig will be on fire...
  24. Times like this is when I wish I had money to burn. A hexa-core for $210! I think when I do build a new system, it will be AMD!
  25. I'm happy to see AMD not only competing, like with the Phenom II X4s, but actually dominating Intel in the price v. performance segment totally.

Now if they can figure out a way to enable SLI on their boards alongside crossfire without letting nVidia get their damn hands on the boards making them unstable, hot, and useless like all nVidia chipsets.
  26. Now this is quite tempting. I'll have to see how long i can last before i give in LOL!
  27. I thought I saw awhile back on a post in this specific forum some benches from an engineering sample where the chip was going step and step with an i7-960. Whatever the case, I'm diggin' the $309 price tag for six cores.
  28. yannifb said:
    Their new SOI and HKMG process that Thuban uses is more efficient.

Remind me again when AMD got HKMG for 45nm when IBM and the collition has been working on HKMG for 32nm.........
  29. jimmysmitty said:
    Remind me again when AMD got HKMG for 45nm when IBM and the collition has been working on HKMG for 32nm.........

AMD has said they can do HKMG at 45nm but this ain't it --- they are saving HKMG for 32nm.

My understanding of the new Thuban gating is that they call it 'low-k dielectrics' and that stock voltage on the 1055T is 1.2v.

When the proc 'turbo-cores' it bumps the cpu multi by 2.5 and raises the stock voltage a notch.

And we will never see SLI on an AMD chipset :ouch:
  30. So, are there any reviews yet? I'm liking the 95W version.
  31. Wisecracker said:
    AMD has said they can do HKMG at 45nm but this ain't it --- they are saving HKMG for 32nm.

My understanding of the new Thuban gating is that they call it 'low-k dielectrics' and that stock voltage on the 1055T is 1.2v.

When the proc 'turbo-cores' it bumps the cpu multi by 2.5 and raises the stock voltage a notch.

Oh yes that was it sorry. I just remembered it was SOI with something else with a k in it, so my mind jumped to HKMG :D
  32. EXT64 said:
    So, are there any reviews yet? I'm liking the 95W version.

Nope. Looks like the reviews wont come till tomorrow.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=320526
  33. Cool. I wouldn't be upgrading for a few weeks at the earliest (if I even did) so no rush.
  34. I hope there will be some reviews posted tomorrow........I need something to read when I am eating my lunch at work tomorrow.
  35. jimmysmitty said:

Its largely speculation based on the unexpectedly high clocks and low power.

However, you may remember that initially AMD was going to include HKMG in 45nm. They later changed course saying that the initial rounds of 45nm would not have it but it would be implemented later in the 45nm cycle.

We will find out soon enough.
  36. warmon6 said:

Its time boys.
  37. warmon6 said:

I'm sorry that I'm say this, but amd hasn't done anything new to its processor...Well, at least they know how to fight a price/performance war, they just need some marketing to back them up :sol: .
  38. I have mixed feelings...
  39. Wisecracker said:

With better bang for buck ATI cards for crossfire, I don't care about SLI.
  40. Tigerdirect has the 1055T 6 core for $150 after rebate; the link is at slickdeals.
  41. o1die said:
    Tigerdirect has the 1055T 6 core for $150 after rebate; the link is at slickdeals.

Microcenter prices, although not really much of a discount.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334812 1055T

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334811 1090T
  42. THEY HAS IT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc88xWhrMQM

(This will only make sense to those who've played L4D2.)
  43. jimmysmitty said:

LOL - good one :P
  44. Just so you guys know, TIGERDIRECT has it for WAY cheaper!!! Here is the link: http://bit.ly/cVywMR
  45. They list it as currently unavailable. Unless this is some different tigerdirect.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6052731
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom Product