Eyefinity with my HDTV(40inch) and my 19inch monitor?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I am trying to get it to work but so far it hasnt, my HDTV is utilizing the HDMI, while my regular monitor is a 19inch samsung DVI, how come the HDTV screen is blank? I even turned on the multi moniter support in catalyst and my screen still states that little blue moniter 1 on the task manager?!

Is it the settings I need to tweak?

I am using the 5850, my drivers are updated so everything should work. I have used the HDTV but only with one screen and not dual.... what do you think is the problem?

Solution
This is not Eyefinity, Eyefinity requires 3 monitors to be run at the same resolution using 2 DVI and the DP connection or 1xDVI 1xHDMI and 1xDP connection. What your having seems to be an issue with the TV itself, will the computer display to just the HDTV when no other monitors are connected? If so then you need to make sure the extend desktop option is on in both windows and CCC. I have never seen a game extend across two monitors at different resolutions... If it did span across two different monitors even at the same resolution, the center of the screen would be at a strange position....

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Are you able to use extended mode or clone/mirror mode to confirm that your tv works?

When you create a display group with your monitors after you pick whether you want a 2x1 or 1x2 setup it should show two boxes in that window next to eachother with a dashed white line between the boxes with a # 1 in it. If you do have the display group set up check to make sure it is double the native resolution of your smallest monitor and check the refresh rate, it might be possible that your tv is only 30hz while your monitor is at 60hz and CCC is still leaving it at 60.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

My TV is full HD whch is at least 60hz, its a samsung series 5, but I will try checking out whether it is 2X1 setup. What I want is just an extention of what IM playing rather than an extended desktop, meaning its like having two monitors, thanks though.

Kraizk

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
This is not Eyefinity, Eyefinity requires 3 monitors to be run at the same resolution using 2 DVI and the DP connection or 1xDVI 1xHDMI and 1xDP connection. What your having seems to be an issue with the TV itself, will the computer display to just the HDTV when no other monitors are connected? If so then you need to make sure the extend desktop option is on in both windows and CCC. I have never seen a game extend across two monitors at different resolutions... If it did span across two different monitors even at the same resolution, the center of the screen would be at a strange position....

Solution