ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I just downloaded MSI afterburner for my GT 650m and I ran tests with MSI software that suggest that my FPS before and after upping the memory by 1000mhz and the core clock by 200mhz does not change at all. I get the same score in the test before and after which is 427. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Do you have to be gaming to notice the difference.

Solution
Do the clocks actually apply? If you move the slider but don't apply it then you won't see a difference. Additionally, there's gotta be something better than Kombuster (?) to test an OC, try 3DMark11 or something.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Do the clocks actually apply? If you move the slider but don't apply it then you won't see a difference. Additionally, there's gotta be something better than Kombuster (?) to test an OC, try 3DMark11 or something.

Solution

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks for all of the great replies. I have pressed the apply button. And my core clcok and memory did move up quite a bit. But yes I guess their are better apps to test FPS than the msi one. And in borderlands it does play better, noticably. So I guess I will try a better software to test.