What cooling would be best for this build specifically?

yanxtar

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hello everyone,

This is my current build I managed to find and match every piece exactly as it is in my box IRL:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qaNr

But I'm looking to swap out the cooling rig with a new cooling system, probably water cooling as it does a better job, probably custom water cooling in that case but I'm not 100% sure. The reason I'm upgrading cooling is because temperatures run up to 80ºC+ which I just don't feel comfortable doing.

What are some of the absolute best options in terms of cooling my build some more?

Thanks a lot.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Your CPU temps run 80C?

CPU Overclocked? What CPU cooler used (the H100 in the list)? Case used (NZXT Phantom)? GPU load temps? What are your ambient room temps? What are your idle temps- allow the system to run to load and then idle down to determine an accurate idle.

If it's the H100 as your cooler, I'm betting you have a poor mount or an airlock in the pump. How is it mounted? Unmount the radiator (radiator only, make sure pump remains mounted on CPU), start the system and rotate the radiator in all directions. Also, tap the pump on occasion during this process.

yanxtar

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

CPU Overclocked? - Yes @4.9GHz (stock is 3.2)
CPU cooler used? Indeed the H100
Case used? NZXT Phantom 820 full tower

Ambient temps around 20-21ºC
Idle temps 35-39ºC
100% load peaks at about 80ºC (highest 81ºC)

I have the radiator mounted at the top, they are dual 120mm, the box came with 2 extra fans, so it's double sided, 240mm push-pull config, then the liquid cooling block is sat with the cpu

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What BIOS settings do you have it at to hit 4.9ghz? What is your vcore?

Did you test what load temps were at stock speeds?

Just sounds like your chip is running normal being overclocked...Ivy Bridge chips do run hotter than Sandy Bridge chips.