Sign in with
Your question

Can't burn CD

Last response: in Components
April 27, 2010 12:49:11 AM

Hello,

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-N385E and I can not burn CDs. I can ready DVDs and CDs but every time I try to burn a cd, I will get a little into it then a error message opens saying there is something wrong with the CD. But these are brand new un-opened CDs what do I do.

More about : burn

April 27, 2010 1:53:11 AM

Does the problem persists with dvd's also.?? Try with a different recording software.. IMGBURN is good if you are not using it already.. Also try burning at lower spin rates say at 24X..
m
l
April 27, 2010 2:41:28 AM

you may also try a different brand of cd-r
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 27, 2010 2:55:50 AM

Have not tried using DVDs. I am trying to burn audio CDs. I have tried different burning programs and different brands of CD-Rs. I used the same CDs on a friends computer to burn a CD and it worked fine. But when I try to burn CDs it keeps saying that there is a problem with the CD. But I really don't think it is the CDs. Also tried burning at slower speeds and it did not help. I used to be able to burn CDs fine, but maybe over time from Updates or something.... Something went wrong, not sure.
m
l
April 27, 2010 3:50:30 AM

It sounds like you have a bad burner. Replace the burner, and you should be able to burn CDs just fine.
m
l
April 27, 2010 1:35:43 PM

What software are you using? WMP? iT? other?
m
l
April 27, 2010 6:36:01 PM

I've used CDBurnerXP, AShampoo, Windows Media Player, Roxio and Sonic Stage. In some cases I would do a test run and the test would be good, but when I burn the CD an error would occur saying something is wrong with the disc or hard drive. I am using a Window Home Premium OS
m
l
!