Total: 7 votes (2 blank votes)

• Ethernet
  • 45 %
  • USB
  • 23 %
  • wireless
  • 34 %
April 27, 2010 1:17:43 AM

What do you prefer, for speed and what not?

More about : ethernet usb wireless

April 27, 2010 5:36:56 AM

It is a vague question... speed for what?
April 27, 2010 5:45:50 AM

For what purpose anyway?

Gigabit lan, by far is the best when it comes to latency and speed, but there's the whole cable thing.

Wireless may not be as fast, but it is convenient.

USB requires that you move the flash drive or any storage device between computers.
Related resources
April 27, 2010 1:12:45 PM

I use homeplug. Better than wireless, but not as good as a direct connection to the router.
April 27, 2010 1:15:45 PM

I just voted for all three, because they come in handy for all eventualities. I'm a homeplug fan too cos I couldn't be @r$ed dropping a cable from one room to another. But each have their own merit in different situations. I agree it's a vague question, but if it's just for data transfer, Ethernet. Haven't had any experience with USB 3 yet though.
April 28, 2010 3:33:48 AM

I would have loved homeplug, but the prices are killer. With the prices of decent homeplugs, I could buy a bigger and better router.
April 28, 2010 6:12:17 AM

Me and the other half play WoW, need best conn we can get, imo cable gives me that but our router is wireless cause the Gf uses her lappy about the house and both our phones are wifi too
April 28, 2010 6:22:45 AM

"And whatnot"
???

Kay so if we remove that part you are just asking about speed... and the fact is that ethernet is faster; there is no opinion there, it is fact.

Otherwise, you need to specify what you mean by "and whatnot"