Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Alternates!? Cooler Master 212+ Too Big for Case!

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 30, 2012 3:36:39 AM

Hey guys, as many as you guys know, the CM 212+ is a very popular heatsink for (budget)? people with their CPU's.
Currently I have a AMD 965 Black Edition @ 3.5 with a load temperature of 65 ' C

[And since this is an unlocked processor, it was built to OC! I want to overclock to at least 4.0/4.1]

That is a really high temperature as the max temp for the 965 is 62 'C
The CM 212+ is too large for my case... a Rosewill 218 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

So if there is any alternates to this heatsink/fan let me know! Thanks...

Ps.
I have 1 front intake 120 mm, and one exhaust 120mm installed in the back.
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2012 4:00:16 AM

Well if you are getting a new case might as well get a whole new computer. The 965 is old...
m
0
l
Related resources
December 1, 2012 7:29:32 PM

I don't want to buy a new case though! And I'm not doing anything too fancy on this computer so I'm content with a 965 BE. So any other suggestions of heatsinks?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
December 1, 2012 9:09:15 PM

Deepcool/logiysis mc3002gx , keeps my x6 1090 and 1100 cool oc'ed @3.9 24/7 , 18.00 .Stock never over 43c , oc under 53c , this with cpu @100% running WCG B O I N C
Share
December 2, 2012 12:14:09 AM

Best answer selected by Siggyy.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 2, 2012 1:51:20 AM

Hope it keeps your cpu cool , it should , keeps my x6 cool . And it is dead silent , easy to install .
Good luck
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 1:59:26 AM

jerry6 said:
Hope it keeps your cpu cool , it should , keeps my x6 cool . And it is dead silent , easy to install .
Good luck


Just ordered on Newegg for $18
hope this one is right, LOL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Coming in on Tuesday or Wednesday, will let you know about temps and my overclocking :) 
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2012 2:16:32 AM

I t works on my rig and is silent , i see one review says it's loud , hmm all reviews on line mention how quiet it was , the guy on newegg ,Cledog must be a Vulcan with sensitive ears .
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2012 2:20:36 AM

Oh , one thing use a different paste than the pre installed stuff , deepcool paste was not rated well . I use TIM Tronics 4200 and OCZ freeze which is no longer made . Plus a bit of the paste was scratched of in shipping
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 6:21:01 PM

jerry6 said:
Oh , one thing use a different paste than the pre installed stuff , deepcool paste was not rated well . I use TIM Tronics 4200 and OCZ freeze which is no longer made . Plus a bit of the paste was scratched of in shipping


-_- i don't want to spend more money for it even if it's only 5 dollars! :( 
And i have to wait for another extra day for shipping ( i have shoprunner)

EDIT*
I just bought this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2012 10:26:11 PM

Good move , the deepcool paste was rated at 5c higher than the others , you bought realy good paste . You should be running cool with that setup , only one guy on egg said it was loud , all the reviews say it;s one of the quietest they have ever tested , guy on egg must be vulcan !
Good luck , if you don't get the same great cooling I get I'll feel terrible !
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 10:34:40 PM

jerry6 said:
Good move , the deepcool paste was rated at 5c higher than the others , you bought realy good paste . You should be running cool with that setup , only one guy on egg said it was loud , all the reviews say it;s one of the quietest they have ever tested , guy on egg must be vulcan !
Good luck , if you don't get the same great cooling I get I'll feel terrible !


Will you? Huh? My buying depended on your choice. So if this screws up... -_-
I'd be mad LOL
I looked online and saw a similar heatsink: Cooler Master TX3
But i looked up differences between the two, and that the one i bought was much quieter!
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2012 11:25:31 PM

it is . the 120 mm fan moves more air at a lower rpm . I would not recommend if I didn't have 2 (ON A 1090T AND 1100T ) running WCG B O I N C 24/7 @3.9 ghz at good temps .
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 11:45:40 PM

jerry6 said:
it is . the 120 mm fan moves more air at a lower rpm . I would not recommend if I didn't have 2 (ON A 1090T AND 1100T ) running WCG B O I N C 24/7 @3.9 ghz at good temps .


:D  cheers mate. I'll let you know if 2-3 days.
Since the UPS shipping says that the Heatsink will come in before the thermal paste, I'll probably just test out both thermal compounds! :D 
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 4, 2012 12:31:13 AM

thing is packaging , the heatsink moves around and the paste is rubbed out in a few spots , at least both mine had spots missing paste , might have been fine as it was , but didn't want to take a chance , had the paste already .
Anyhow it will be interseting to see if you get better results with the good paste
m
0
l
December 5, 2012 9:22:26 PM

jerry6 said:
thing is packaging , the heatsink moves around and the paste is rubbed out in a few spots , at least both mine had spots missing paste , might have been fine as it was , but didn't want to take a chance , had the paste already .
Anyhow it will be interseting to see if you get better results with the good paste



I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
THANKS SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love: 

Here are my temps. AMD 965 BE @3.4ghz (x17:200)
Stock cooler: Idle 40'C, Load 59'C
Gammaxx 300 (their thermal paste) : Idle 31'C, Load 50'C
Gammaxx and PK-1 TP : Idle: around 26-28'C, Load 43'C

LOL AND I overclocked it... @3.81ghz (x18.5:206)
Idle 31'C, Load 41/42'C

THAT'S CRAZY....
And temps are probably gonna go down even more after the thermal compound burns in. :D 
Thanks bro
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2012 7:35:25 PM

Great news ,feel much better now . I guess I was right about the pasre as well ,that's a big drop for a change in paste ! You applied it well , those are good temps .
What method you use applying the paste ?
m
0
l
December 6, 2012 11:36:46 PM

jerry6 said:
Great news ,feel much better now . I guess I was right about the pasre as well ,that's a big drop for a change in paste ! You applied it well , those are good temps .
What method you use applying the paste ?


LOL I don't know. I think it was the dot method. I saw a vid comparing all the methods, but the dot method had the least amount spread, so i did that one.
I applied it the dot method, put on the heatsink, and took it off to see how it spread. It looked like too much, so i wiped it off a bit so there was only a bit left :D 
m
0
l
!