Solved

Alternates!? Cooler Master 212+ Too Big for Case!

Hey guys, as many as you guys know, the CM 212+ is a very popular heatsink for (budget)? people with their CPU's.
Currently I have a AMD 965 Black Edition @ 3.5 with a load temperature of 65 ' C

[And since this is an unlocked processor, it was built to OC! I want to overclock to at least 4.0/4.1]

That is a really high temperature as the max temp for the 965 is 62 'C
The CM 212+ is too large for my case... a Rosewill 218 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147073

So if there is any alternates to this heatsink/fan let me know! Thanks...

Ps.
I have 1 front intake 120 mm, and one exhaust 120mm installed in the back.
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about alternates cooler master case
  1. You be better off buying a new case or something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106188
  2. Well if you are getting a new case might as well get a whole new computer. The 965 is old...
  3. get this masscool for 9.00 keeps my 8350 cool , or deepcool mc 3002gx

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3853741&CatId=99
  4. I don't want to buy a new case though! And I'm not doing anything too fancy on this computer so I'm content with a 965 BE. So any other suggestions of heatsinks?
  5. Best answer
    Deepcool/logiysis mc3002gx , keeps my x6 1090 and 1100 cool oc'ed @3.9 24/7 , 18.00 .Stock never over 43c , oc under 53c , this with cpu @100% running WCG B O I N C
  6. Best answer selected by Siggyy.
  7. Hope it keeps your cpu cool , it should , keeps my x6 cool . And it is dead silent , easy to install .
    Good luck
  8. jerry6 said:
    Hope it keeps your cpu cool , it should , keeps my x6 cool . And it is dead silent , easy to install .
    Good luck

Just ordered on Newegg for $18
    hope this one is right, LOL
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835999048

Coming in on Tuesday or Wednesday, will let you know about temps and my overclocking :)
  9. I t works on my rig and is silent , i see one review says it's loud , hmm all reviews on line mention how quiet it was , the guy on newegg ,Cledog must be a Vulcan with sensitive ears .
  10. Oh , one thing use a different paste than the pre installed stuff , deepcool paste was not rated well . I use TIM Tronics 4200 and OCZ freeze which is no longer made . Plus a bit of the paste was scratched of in shipping
  11. jerry6 said:
    Oh , one thing use a different paste than the pre installed stuff , deepcool paste was not rated well . I use TIM Tronics 4200 and OCZ freeze which is no longer made . Plus a bit of the paste was scratched of in shipping

-_- i don't want to spend more money for it even if it's only 5 dollars! :(
    And i have to wait for another extra day for shipping ( i have shoprunner)

EDIT*
    I just bought this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242020
  12. Good move , the deepcool paste was rated at 5c higher than the others , you bought realy good paste . You should be running cool with that setup , only one guy on egg said it was loud , all the reviews say it;s one of the quietest they have ever tested , guy on egg must be vulcan !
    Good luck , if you don't get the same great cooling I get I'll feel terrible !
  13. jerry6 said:
    Good move , the deepcool paste was rated at 5c higher than the others , you bought realy good paste . You should be running cool with that setup , only one guy on egg said it was loud , all the reviews say it;s one of the quietest they have ever tested , guy on egg must be vulcan !
    Good luck , if you don't get the same great cooling I get I'll feel terrible !

Will you? Huh? My buying depended on your choice. So if this screws up... -_-
    I'd be mad LOL
    I looked online and saw a similar heatsink: Cooler Master TX3
    But i looked up differences between the two, and that the one i bought was much quieter!
  14. it is . the 120 mm fan moves more air at a lower rpm . I would not recommend if I didn't have 2 (ON A 1090T AND 1100T ) running WCG B O I N C 24/7 @3.9 ghz at good temps .
  15. jerry6 said:
    it is . the 120 mm fan moves more air at a lower rpm . I would not recommend if I didn't have 2 (ON A 1090T AND 1100T ) running WCG B O I N C 24/7 @3.9 ghz at good temps .

:D cheers mate. I'll let you know if 2-3 days.
    Since the UPS shipping says that the Heatsink will come in before the thermal paste, I'll probably just test out both thermal compounds! :D
  16. thing is packaging , the heatsink moves around and the paste is rubbed out in a few spots , at least both mine had spots missing paste , might have been fine as it was , but didn't want to take a chance , had the paste already .
    Anyhow it will be interseting to see if you get better results with the good paste
  17. jerry6 said:
    thing is packaging , the heatsink moves around and the paste is rubbed out in a few spots , at least both mine had spots missing paste , might have been fine as it was , but didn't want to take a chance , had the paste already .
    Anyhow it will be interseting to see if you get better results with the good paste

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
    THANKS SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Here are my temps. AMD 965 BE @3.4ghz (x17:200)
    Stock cooler: Idle 40'C, Load 59'C
    Gammaxx 300 (their thermal paste) : Idle 31'C, Load 50'C
    Gammaxx and PK-1 TP : Idle: around 26-28'C, Load 43'C

LOL AND I overclocked it... @3.81ghz (x18.5:206)
    Idle 31'C, Load 41/42'C

THAT'S CRAZY....
    And temps are probably gonna go down even more after the thermal compound burns in. :D
    Thanks bro
  18. Great news ,feel much better now . I guess I was right about the pasre as well ,that's a big drop for a change in paste ! You applied it well , those are good temps .
    What method you use applying the paste ?
  19. jerry6 said:
    Great news ,feel much better now . I guess I was right about the pasre as well ,that's a big drop for a change in paste ! You applied it well , those are good temps .
    What method you use applying the paste ?

LOL I don't know. I think it was the dot method. I saw a vid comparing all the methods, but the dot method had the least amount spread, so i did that one.
    I applied it the dot method, put on the heatsink, and took it off to see how it spread. It looked like too much, so i wiped it off a bit so there was only a bit left :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooler Master Overclocking Product