Asus ez flash error occurred while erasing blocks

lobros

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
I tried to update the bios with the asus ez flash 2 utility, I saved the new bios in my usb memory, then I entered to the EZ flash utility, update the bios and an error ocurred

Error occurred while erasing blocks

Why??? I dont understand

please help me, thanks

^ You didn't list your MOBO; many newer ASUS MOBO's offer "ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 utility" to recover from a bad flash. Follow the procedure to recover:

link - http://support.asus.com/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

1. No POST
1.1 Please clear CMOS to have a try (refer to motherboard manual for details)
1.2 If the problem still persists, please contact your retailer for a check

2. There is error message during POST: BIOS ROM checksum error. Detecting floppy drive A media... Insert system disk and press enter
2.1 If the support CD supplied with motherboard is available
2.1.1 Please restart system and put support CD into optical drive, then the system will recover BIOS automatically using CrashFree utility
2.2 If the support CD supplied with motherboard is not available
2.2.1 Prepare a formated floppy disk, then unzip the BIOS file downloaded from ASUS website into the floppy disk.
2.2.2 Please restart system and insert the floppy disk into floppy drive, then the system will recover BIOS automatically using CrashFree utility
2.3 If it is not helpful after the troubleshooting as the steps 2.1 or 2.2, please clear CMOS( referring to the manual introduction)
2.4 If the problem still persists, please contact your retailer for a check

Good Luck!

TRENDING THREADS