Sign in with
Your question

From winxp pro sp3 guest acct need emergency access to admin acct.

Last response: in Windows XP
October 12, 2012 9:02:53 PM

From winxp pro sp3 guest acct need emergency access to admin acct. cause i have no keyboard it was deleted from device manager. (runas /user:_ADMINACCT_control.exe hdwwiz.cpl) or (runas /user:Eric cmd.exe) i type password and any dos syntac tried always returns with error 5 win cant access specified dev., path, or file may not have appro permissions. On screen keyboard is all I have
October 13, 2012 2:33:31 AM

Reboot the PC and it will automatically reinstall the keyboard. If not, then you have other issues.
m
l
October 13, 2012 7:44:04 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
Reboot the PC and it will automatically reinstall the keyboard. If not, then you have other issues.

My keyboard malfunctioned and the replacement given to me needed software to enable it and I had shutdown my PC. No keyboard means no Administrator rights means no software installation. Secondary Log On service was disabled means no runas option. The fix was spend $15 for a keyboard that didn't require software.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 13, 2012 8:52:53 PM

I have never seen a keyboard that would not work with the built-in XP driver. What type is it?
m
l
October 14, 2012 4:30:34 AM

It was a Microsoft Ergonommical keyboard with IntelliType Pro 7.1 software. The installation instructions say to download the software before plugging the keyboard in.
I won't run unneeded services but turned on seclogon because even running as a power user there are many things I couldn't utilize runas to perform I would need to switch users to the admin acct. which would annoy me.
m
l
!