From winxp pro sp3 guest acct need emergency access to admin acct.

leon_66

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
From winxp pro sp3 guest acct need emergency access to admin acct. cause i have no keyboard it was deleted from device manager. (runas /user:_ADMINACCT_control.exe hdwwiz.cpl) or (runas /user:Eric cmd.exe) i type password and any dos syntac tried always returns with error 5 win cant access specified dev., path, or file may not have appro permissions. On screen keyboard is all I have

leon_66

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012

My keyboard malfunctioned and the replacement given to me needed software to enable it and I had shutdown my PC. No keyboard means no Administrator rights means no software installation. Secondary Log On service was disabled means no runas option. The fix was spend $15 for a keyboard that didn't require software.

leon_66

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
It was a Microsoft Ergonommical keyboard with IntelliType Pro 7.1 software. The installation instructions say to download the software before plugging the keyboard in.
I won't run unneeded services but turned on seclogon because even running as a power user there are many things I couldn't utilize runas to perform I would need to switch users to the admin acct. which would annoy me.