HELP! Power supply wont fit

Chaotic_Children

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
I have this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517004&Tpk=AZZA%20Solano%201000%20CSAZ-1000%20Full%20Tower%20Case

and I have this PS:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371036

The PS (mounted at the bottom) is so high that the top of it touches the bottom of the mainboard and prevents the PS from entering the case. I dont really want to return it for it takes time and costs over 40 bucks.

The question is: Can I use the PS outside the case (safely) and HOW?

PLEASE HELP

Chaotic_Children

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010

Any help for my problem?

Both the PSU and the Cabinet are made to specific form factors, I would suggest you remove the Motherboard all together.

Mount the PSU, pleases check if the holes match perfectly and then Mount the Motherboard in.

Most probable the Front Panel connector pins might be blocking the PSU from going in.......

Try It out.... and let us know.

For mounting the PSU on the outside...... the whole rig is going to have to be Modded..... and thats a long procedure. Unless you don't mind cutting the side panel or the top panel and drilling a few holes there to get the PSU screwed onto it and the cables going all the way down from the top or the side......

It's painstaking but not impossible.....

the antec CP range are specifically made on the antec only CPX platform for the antec full tower cases so exchange the case for an antec full tower like the antec 1200/p183/p193 for which that power supply is made for or return the power supply and get a normal atx platform power supply

Just don't into buying any computer hardware..... ANY...... always check for compatibility issues from the makers website.
Thats the golden rule..... I know the boxes the stuff comes packed in, and the stuff inside looks awesome....... and it's like , If I could just have it, I would, ...... but thats the worst that can happen, buy and expensive piece of equipment and finally it just doesn't all fit in together.......
Careful, take your time choosing equipment by quality and compatibility, and then ask when you're in doubt.