Has anyone found Cacheman to be useful?

dragonfly522

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I am wondering this because I have used Cacheman for a few years to free up RAM and I have found it very useful. But I was using an older version of it and I don't even know what the new version can do for me. I can't seem to figure out how to free up RAM with it and I don't think that they want you to be able to do it anymore; maybe because they don't think it's an important feature anymore or something, I don't know. Anyone that uses the new version, can you tell me what you find useful about it? I found that allocating only a certain amount of RAM to a particular program to be useless for me because I don't know which programs leak memory. I also don't ever seem to run out of RAM anymore, so I guess it's likely that running this program isn't needed.

Solution
D
It should be completly unnecessary to run programs like this if you have enough physical memory. You do not say what hardware you have but in my experience for optimal performance you need 2GB for XP and 4GB for Vista and Windows 7. As long as you have that optimizers are a waste of time.
D

Deleted member 217926

It should be completly unnecessary to run programs like this if you have enough physical memory. You do not say what hardware you have but in my experience for optimal performance you need 2GB for XP and 4GB for Vista and Windows 7. As long as you have that optimizers are a waste of time.

Solution