The whereabouts of the AWESOME AMD 1055t?

rogerpjr

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hello,
I'd guess the title says it all!! I am since the beginning an AMD advocate. I have the board I need for this game-changer. Just need the CHIP!!! Either the 1055t, or the 1075t will do. Thanks.

galta

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
I had high expectations on it, but was disappointed. Check Tom's review: poor performance in most games when compared to same price Intel CPUs.
About games using 6 cores, sit and wait...
If you use heavy multithreaded apps, however, it could be the way to go.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

You'l probably know this by now, but the latest AMD poster boy is not at all worth it for games. A Phenom 965 BE performs at par with the 1075. And sells for $100 less.

jennyh

Splendid
Ok first of all, it does not have 'poor performance in most games'.

Look at the results. It's poor in Crysis for some unknown reason, I'll give you that. Then with Left4Dead it's got the same scores in the majority of tests (sometimes scoring higher on minimum fps) - basically 1fps amongst all the cpu's there.

It 'wins' Call of Duty MW2 by the same margin it 'loses' in Crysis, ie by a couple of fps and in Dirt 2 it performs identically.

You must realise that the two top intels here are the ~$1000 chips. This is not a bad gaming chip, it's one of the best gaming chips money can buy but if you are *just* going to game then it might not be the best choice.