Sign in with
Your question

Intel core i7 930 or new AMD?

Last response: in CPUs
April 27, 2010 9:15:57 AM

Hey everyone, well i wanted to know what should i buy, an intel core i7 930 or the new AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. I just finished reading the reviews on the new AMD CPU, but when it comes to CPU's i really dont know too much to come up with a conclusion. I mean they both cost almost the same but im not really sure. If anyone could give me any tips about buying CPU's id appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

More about : intel core 930 amd

a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 9:29:43 AM

The total cost of the platform will include the price of the motherboard and the RAM. In this case, with the i7 930 and X6 1090T trading blows in the reviews, the AMD ends up with better price/performance ratio due to the AMD motherboard being cheaper & requiring only 2x2GB compared to i7 930's 3x2GB RAM.
Operational Cost is also cheaper since the X6 1090T is a power saver consuming 30-50% less than the i7 930.
http://www.techspot.com/review/269-amd-phenom2-x6-1090T...
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 12:37:12 PM

Depends what you'll use it for. AMD looks god for encoding, graphic, 3d and video work, but depends on software...
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 12:53:51 PM

randomkid said:
The total cost of the platform will include the price of the motherboard and the RAM. In this case, with the i7 930 and X6 1090T trading blows in the reviews, the AMD ends up with better price/performance ratio due to the AMD motherboard being cheaper & requiring only 2x2GB compared to i7 930's 3x2GB RAM.
Operational Cost is also cheaper since the X6 1090T is a power saver consuming 30-50% less than the i7 930.
http://www.techspot.com/review/269-amd-phenom2-x6-1090T...

How many times do i have to tell people....

Your not require to have 3 sticks of ram to run an X58 motherboard. You can run 2 sticks just fine.

Now to gain the most benefit of the x58 board, you'll need 3 sticks but your not forced to have it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 1:09:02 PM

All i7's and i5's are irrelevent at their current prices. They just are not worth buying at current prices. :) 
m
l
April 27, 2010 1:31:08 PM

jennyh said:
All i7's and i5's are irrelevent at their current prices. They just are not worth buying at current prices. :) 

More lies I see Jenny.

The i7-860 is easily Thuban's match.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 1:37:38 PM

Chad Boga said:
More lies I see Jenny.

The i7-860 is easily Thuban's match.

aahaaahahah. :D 

Look at all the deluded intel fanboys pretending *their* cpu is a match for Thuban lol. :lol: 

Btw Chad, remember swearing blind that there was no chance any Thuban would make 4ghz on air with all 6 cores? I haven't seen one reviewed today that *hasn't* made at least 4ghz lol. :D 
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 1:43:11 PM

1090T is probably a tiny but slower than the i7 975 overall, wins some loses some.

The 1055T is about as fast as an i7 930, but when it comes to price and overclocking it's a no-brainer which one to choose. :) 

What I'm looking forward to seeing is can AMD increase speeds to maybe 3.6-3.8ghz over the coming year? That still won't catch the i7 980X but it will leave the 45nm i7's in the dust.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 1:44:19 PM

jennyh said:
1090T is probably a tiny but slower than the i7 975 overall, wins some loses some.

The 1055T is about as fast as an i7 930, but when it comes to price and overclocking it's a no-brainer which one to choose. :) 

That is true
m
l
April 27, 2010 1:53:15 PM

jennyh said:

Btw Chad, remember swearing blind that there was no chance any Thuban would make 4ghz on air with all 6 cores? I haven't seen one reviewed today that *hasn't* made at least 4ghz lol. :D 

I said it wouldn't be suitable as a 24/7 system

Quote:
Look at all the deluded intel fanboys pretending *their* cpu is a match for Thuban

From your beloved Lost Circuits review site.

The i7-860 is faster than the top Thuban in as many instances as it is slower, and often there is virtually nothing between them, so yes my CPU is a match.

So now you have had to spend on two CPU's to finally get to my performance level. :lol: 

m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 2:14:42 PM

1055T seems to be the only hope for AMD, because:
Quote:
Basically 6-core PII-X6 performs just about the same as 4-core i7 if they are OCed to the same frequency... Not impressed at all performance-wise! How sad that AMD CPUs need 50% more cores to match Intel CPUs at any given frequency. Given that the PII-X6 1090T costs approximately the same as i7-930/i7-860, I will definitely choose i7 between the two considering i7 OCs higher and more efficient.

1055T which costs a little more than i5-750 seems to be the only hope for AMD now. It would be a huge success for AMD if the 1055T can at least reach 4GHz, because consumers would get an i7 equivalence for the price of i5-750. Otherwise, although PII-X6 is definitely not a fail, it would not be impressive/attractive too.

warmon6 said:
Quote:
jennyh wrote :

That is true

But remember that you can OC the i7-930
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 4:21:51 PM

warmon6 said:
How many times do i have to tell people....

Your not require to have 3 sticks of ram to run an X58 motherboard. You can run 2 sticks just fine.

Now to gain the most benefit of the x58 board, you'll need 3 sticks but your not forced to have it.

Yes, I know. But the point is will you feel good about having an X58 motherboard and i7 930 with only 2 sticks of RAM?
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 5:33:47 PM

randomkid said:
Yes, I know. But the point is will you feel good about having an X58 motherboard and i7 930 with only 2 sticks of RAM?

Unless your programs are limited by memory bandwidth or overall system memory, you wont notice a difference between dual and tri channel or 4 GB or 6 GB or memory. ;) 

m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 12:41:34 AM

warmon6 said:
Unless your programs are limited by memory bandwidth or overall system memory, you wont notice a difference between dual and tri channel or 4 GB or 6 GB or memory. ;) 

Still missing my point. The issue is whether someone who buys an X58 will be happy staring at an empty RAM slot where the 3rd stick should be. I bet he will be itching to buy one ( if he ever came to the decision to buy 2 sticks in the beginning ) irregardless whether he is happy or not about the performance.

So eventually, if not immediate, the RAM for i7 930 system will cost more than that for the AMD ( not to mention the motherboard ).
m
l
April 28, 2010 12:49:23 AM

randomkid said:
Still missing my point. The issue is whether someone who buys an X58 will be happy staring at an empty RAM slot where the 3rd stick should be. I bet he will be itching to buy one ( if he ever came to the decision to buy 2 sticks in the beginning ) irregardless whether he is happy or not about the performance.

So eventually, if not immediate, the RAM for i7 930 system will cost more than that for the AMD ( not to mention the motherboard ).

Yes, I've often taken the case of my computer and stared at the two empty memory slots wishing I could buy two more. :cry: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 1:24:04 AM

randomkid said:

If he an enthusiast like us, maybe. although were a small nich in the computer world that wants to have the best or the have the fullest out of the system we own.

So maybe you'll itch to fill the 3rd slot, but not everyone will. Most people will fill it when they need it.

As for overall cost (short and long term), it can be view both ways.

Yes your point is valid although the other way it can be view, What if far down the road someone needs more the 16GB of ram?

Most motherboards can only hold 16GB of memory and the max Standardize ddr3 ram 4 GB. (there is 8Gb ram sticks but they cost big $$$)

So If you need more then 16 GB in the future, you'll need to upgrade the platform which will probably be with ddr4 ram (or whatever the name of the next set of ram is). As with new ram, you'll need a new motherboard and cpu that can use them. Bring in up the cost.

With an x58 motherboard, all i would need is 6 4GB ddr3 sticks and i have 24GB.

So it depends on how far/short in the future your looking into.

Although that going to be a long while and no one need more than 6gb (unless your using a program that need that much memory.)

m
l
April 28, 2010 2:12:11 PM

jennyh said:

Look at all the deluded intel fanboys pretending *their* cpu is a match for Thuban lol. :lol: 

Love AMD video cards, great value on the six core but....
Hyundai can make a car that looks like a Mercedes, has all the features Of a Mercedes, and cost 1/8 of the price of a Mercedes but its still a Hyundai. Having a six core that can barely handle an intel quad is like having a Ferrari with the performance of a mini van... a Hyundai mini van.
Still great value for the classification of a six core, but some perfer 100% angus beef not salisbury steak. Nothing against Hyundai or salisbury steak
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 4:11:33 PM

ensabrenoir said:
Love AMD video cards, great value on the six core but....
Hyundai can make a car that looks like a Mercedes, has all the features Of a Mercedes, and cost 1/8 of the price of a Mercedes but its still a Hyundai. Having a six core that can barely handle an intel quad is like having a Ferrari with the performance of a mini van... a Hyundai mini van.
Still great value for the classification of a six core, but some perfer 100% angus beef not salisbury steak. Nothing against Hyundai or salisbury steak

I bet you didn't know half of what you're talking about.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 4:35:46 PM

Why ? I think it was a half decent analogy. I had thought of something similar.
From Tweaktown
Quote:
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3251/amd_phenom_ii_x6_... However, in many of our tests the 1090T only performed a little better than the Core i5 750 which sells for $200 right now. The 1090T did run well compared to the Xeon X3470 (which is comparable to the i7 870), but only in a handful of tests.

One area that just about all AMD CPUs we have tested needs to improve on is memory performance. Here is one of AMD’s big weak points. This single factor hurts AMD CPUs more than many would like to believe. If you cannot quickly get the information from memory to the CPU and back, you are going to lose in the end. We saw this in more than one of our tests.

Also AMD chipsets perform slower vs P55 X 58 in every sata performance test. The new 890gx is their best effort yet, but still slower. Thats not pointed out in every cpu article, its chipset/driver performance. http://www.anandtech.com/show/2973/6gbps-sata-performan...
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 4:36:19 PM

randomkid said:
I bet you didn't know half of what you're talking about.

+1

have to agree on that.

m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 4:46:25 PM

notty22 said:
From Tweaktown
Quote:
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3251/amd_phenom_ii_x6_... However, in many of our tests the 1090T only performed a little better than the Core i5 750 which sells for $200 right now. The 1090T did run well compared to the Xeon X3470 (which is comparable to the i7 870), but only in a handful of tests.

One area that just about all AMD CPUs we have tested needs to improve on is memory performance. Here is one of AMD’s big weak points. This single factor hurts AMD CPUs more than many would like to believe. If you cannot quickly get the information from memory to the CPU and back, you are going to lose in the end. We saw this in more than one of our tests.

Also AMD chipsets perform slower vs P55 X 58 in every sata performance test. The new 890gx is their best effort yet, but still slower. Thats not pointed out in every cpu article, its chipset/driver performance. http://www.anandtech.com/show/2973/6gbps-sata-performan...

Interesting. Did tweaktown use the Black Edition memory profiles before whinging about memory performance?
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 11:49:32 PM

notty22 said:

Yes, that was I am saying... "half decent"... The half about Hyundai & Mercedes makes sense. The half about AMD 6 cores being like a Ferrari that runs like a Hyundai minivan doesn't.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 11:50:50 PM

+1 randomkid :D 
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 1:11:17 AM

Sorry if i missed this but... Whats your budget on the whole rig?

Also +1 on Jenny's +1 for randomkid and +2 for randomkid XD
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 6:02:32 AM

andy5174 said:
But remember that you can OC the i7-930

You can O.C. the X6 too Andy.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 9:49:07 AM

FALC0N said:
You can O.C. the X6 too Andy.

Yeah, but PII-X6 can't go higher than 930 after OCed which still results in a lost, although not by much.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 9:50:06 AM

Really? The 930 has higher voltages than the 920 and by most accounts it is *not* a brilliant overclocker.

We've already seen 4.4ghz-4.5ghz on the six cores of Thuban.
m
l
April 29, 2010 10:08:44 AM

andy5174 said:
Yeah, but PII-X6 can't go higher than 930 after OCed which still results in a lost, although not by much.

And how can you know that? Do you own a Thuban and actually tried youself? I tough so...

Also don't try saying it because one or two review sites said so, I've seen numerous people saying they got there 1055t to 4.2 easy
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 11:34:57 AM

aznshinobi said:
Sorry if i missed this but... Whats your budget on the whole rig?

Also +1 on Jenny's +1 for randomkid and +2 for randomkid XD

Thank you. :) )
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 12:32:34 PM

jennyh said:
Really? The 930 has higher voltages than the 920 and by most accounts it is *not* a brilliant overclocker.

We've already seen 4.4ghz-4.5ghz on the six cores of Thuban.

We've seen 5GHz+ on i7-920 and 4.2GHz almost on all chips.

The PII-X6 can't even stabilize at 4.1GHz according to Anandtech.

You always argued that AMD is better which proved to be awfully wrong after the benchmark came out EVERY time. You will never learn, will you?

For example, you said something like "PII-X6 will beat all i7s at the same price point." before review came out. However, in fact, X6 can only match i7 even in the best case.

I haven't seen even a single opinion of your was correct so far. You, fail!

@milki654:
noob? i7 can be OCed to 4.2GHz on air easily, whereas, even the much better 1090T can't even reach 4.1GHz on air.

How much more do you have to spend on the water cooling solution to OC it to pass 4GHz?
m
l
April 29, 2010 12:45:19 PM

imo I would just grab a 1055t over a 1090t and use the saved 100 bucks for better RAM for overclocking or upgrade something in another area.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 12:46:40 PM

jennyh: PII-955 is better than i7, because my cherry picked benchmarks show that it is better. (I don't care the rest 99% benchmarks which show PII-955 being much worse.)

jennyh: Turbo mode is cheating.

Quote:
PII-X6 does the same kind of cheating.

AMD fanboys: "You are better with PII-955, because i5-750 burns at 5GHz"

Quote:
Even the latest stepping PII-955 can't even reach 4GHz without water cooling on most chips.

My Pentium 3 is better than PII-955, because PII-955 burns at 5GHz! ROFL!

AMD fanboys never have common sense.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 12:56:59 PM

andy5174 said:

AMD fanboys never have common sense.

I take that as a compliment. :)  We AMD fanboys sure do have the uncommon sense to pick the better bang for buck AMD over Intel. I wonder when the rest of the world will catch on. ;) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 12:59:27 PM

PII-955 charged you so much more than it should before i5-750 came out for a few weeks. Best bang? My ass.

i5-750 is the current best bang for the buck!

Don't think that AMD would sell X6 cheap if X6 could match i7-980X.

You AMD fanboys forgot how much AMD pinched you back in 2005/2006 when Intel was failing so much with Pentium D?
m
l
April 29, 2010 1:37:55 PM

andy5174 said:
We've seen 5GHz+ on i7-920 and 4.2GHz almost on all chips.

The PII-X6 can't even stabilize at 4.1GHz according to Anandtech.

You always argued that AMD is better which proved to be awfully wrong after the benchmark came out EVERY time. You will never learn, will you?

For example, you said something like "PII-X6 will beat all i7s at the same price point." before review came out. However, in fact, X6 can only match i7 even in the best case.

I haven't seen even a single opinion of your was correct so far. You, fail!

@milki654:
noob? i7 can be OCed to 4.2GHz on air easily, whereas, even the much better 1090T can't even reach 4.1GHz on air.

How much more do you have to spend on the water cooling solution to OC it to pass 4GHz?

I see you didn't even understood what I actually wrote. Did I said that the i7 can't OC good? And it always amazes me how a lot of people allways backup and thinks Anand has the best reviews and resaults. How about you look at other reviews and other poeple who actually bought and OC Thuban themself. And because the 1090t is a black editon Anand tough it should be OCed trough the multiplier only? I will say it again, a lot of people got to 4.2 with there 1055t 100% stable on air... Go look at other forums.
m
l
April 29, 2010 2:11:53 PM

look at price and power
http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/processors/A...
in price and power a 6core is cheaper.is it not enough for intel's fan?ok let's see another
just in photoshop 920 better than 1090t a little diffrence
next one :
in all field 1090t beat 920 except cpu photo worxxx !!! but 965 deneb is better than 1090t too it seems that don't use all 6core!!!so if it use 6core be sure 1090t beat 920!!
next one :
again in all field 1090t beat 920 except in 80bit!!because this is one need multi thearded and 920 is better than 1090t.
next one:
in rendering always amd beat intel!!!!!!!!
next one:
video encoding :) ) amd knock down intel cpu in encoding.
but in winrar it's multi-threaded program and 920 beat 1090t!!
mathematica 920 beat 1090t because it's multi thearded program!!!
if you at this game this game not support 6core and 965deneb is better than 1090t and also phenon iix2 550is better than 1090t.it seems graphic card was not good because of that,this benchmark didn't show all cpu 's power
another gaming benchmark that you can see what i said in prev gaming benchmark.
and in first benchmark it's heavly multithearded and because of that intel beat amd.
so until here amd was better than 920 (donkey know it too)but you may say what is the result in overclocking ok let's see that:
the result is same and where amd beat intel in OC still beat intel and where loss still loss.
so for Conclusions :
AMD has always priced their processors aggressively against Intel. With these new six-core chips, AMD has managed to significantly increase performance and wedge themselves into an area that was once solely dominated by Intel's Core i5 / Core i7 quad core processors. Roughly speaking clock for clock, AMD does in six-core what Intel does in four-cores. In all honestly, it doesn't matter how many cores, or how much cache, or how many memory channels a CPU has... people only care about two things, "How does it perform, and how much does it cost?"

Add to the fact that these new six-core AMD processors will work in existing socket AM3 & AM2+ motherboards making for an extremely affordable upgrade. Everyone knows how often Intel likes to change sockets, which means a new motherboard, usually new RAM, and even a new CPU heatsink. That's extra costs that one has to think about when deciding to upgrade.

In heavily multi-threaded applications, the two extra cores in the AMD processors really make the difference. In lightly-threaded applications the winner jumps back and forth. However, for the enthusiast / tweaker, just knowing that you can adjust Turbo CORE settings to your liking I think gives AMD the slight edge. Games today really have become so video card dependent, whatever CPU power is required often plateaus around 3 cores or so.
However, I think the results we have pretty well demonstrate how AMD has stepped up to the plate and given Intel something to worry about in $200-$300 price range.
adoption from :
http://www.extremeoverclocking.com

m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 2:54:14 PM

milki654 said:
I see you didn't even understood what I actually wrote. Did I said that the i7 can't OC good? And it always amazes me how a lot of people allways backup and thinks Anand has the best reviews and resaults. How about you look at other reviews and other poeple who actually bought and OC Thuban themself. And because the 1090t is a black editon Anand tough it should be OCed trough the multiplier only? I will say it again, A LOT OF people got to 4.2 with there 1055t 100% stable on air... Go look at other forums.

There are far less than "a lot of" 1090T owners currently.

You AMD fanboys just keep passing misled information and so the result of "a lot of"!

A lot of AMD fanboys also stated that the latest PII-955 can reach 4GHz on air, whereas it can't even pass 3.8~3.9GHz in most cases. Hence, a lot of latest PII-955's owners complained that their units don't reach 4GHz which they though it should and asked how they can achieve 4GHz here.

Furthermore, you AMD fanboys consider 10mins~2hours pass in stress test as ?100% stable, whereas, I myself consider more than 24hours pass in stress test as 100% stable.
p.s. The core voltage of my i5-750 can be reduced by 17% when only 18hours pass was aimed. Thus, I believe that it can be reduced by at least 25% if 2-hour pass is what I want.

AMD fanboy = trash talker. Nuff said!

BTW, why would you come here if you trust peoples from other sites much more than the peoples in TOM?
m
l
a c 108 à CPUs
a b À AMD
April 29, 2010 3:03:44 PM

andy5174 said:

I'm not objective and spend most of my time trolling. Seek other opinions if you wish a more reasonable answer and approach.

Yup.

m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 3:16:55 PM

Wisecracker said:
I'm not objective and spend most of my time trolling. Seek other opinions if you wish a more reasonable answer and approach.

Yup!

Is it funny? As I said before, AMD fanboys are childish and ignorant kids. Nuff said.
m
l
April 29, 2010 3:22:30 PM

andy5174 said:
There are far less than "a lot of" 1090T owners currently.

Yes you are right, its what, 2 days after the official release and you are already saying that it overclocks bad... To early for that statement, don't you think?...

Quote:
You AMD fanboys just keep passing misled information and so the result of "a lot of"!

I'm not a AMD fanboy, I own Intel (for now), if I talk agints Intel, thats makes me an AMD fanboy? Now thats funny!

Quote:
A lot of AMD fanboys also stated that the latest PII-955 can reach 4GHz on air, whereas it can't even pass 3.8~3.9GHz in most cases. Hence, a lot of latest PII-955's owners complained that their units don't reach 4GHz which they though it should and asking how they can achieve 4GHz here.

If you see a few threads saying that they can't get there to 4.0GHz does that mean that noone can get there 955 to 4.0GHz? Those people are I don't know meaybe 5-10% of all people who tries to OC (Dont even try to quote the percents because I just made it up).

Quote:

Yea, and you (Intel fanboy clearly) are speaking pure facts..

Quote:
BTW, why would you come here if you trust peoples from other sites much more than the peoples in TOM?

I like beeing on a lot of forums. If I don't agree with you I don't agree with whole TOMS forum? lol
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2010 3:46:23 PM

milki654 said:
1)Yes you are right, its what, 2 days after the official release and you are already saying that it overclocks bad... To early for that statement, don't you think?...

Quote:

2) I'm not a AMD fanboy, I own Intel (for now), if I talk agints Intel, thats makes me an AMD fanboy? Now thats funny!

Quote:
A lot of AMD fanboys also stated that the latest PII-955 can reach 4GHz on air, whereas it can't even pass 3.8~3.9GHz in most cases. Hence, a lot of latest PII-955's owners complained that their units don't reach 4GHz which they though it should and asking how they can achieve 4GHz here.

3)If you see a few threads saying that they can't get there to 4.0GHz does that mean that noone can get there 955 to 4.0GHz? Those people are I don't know meaybe 5-10% of all people who tries to OC (Dont even try to quote the percents because I just made it up).

Quote:

4)Yea, and you (Intel fanboy clearly) are speaking pure facts..

Quote:

5)I like beeing on a lot of forums. If I don't agree with you I don't agree with whole TOMS forum? lol

1) It's you stated the "a lot of" craps, not me.

2) Don't pretend to be an Intel owner.

3) The fact that you saw very little PII-X4 can achieve 4GHz does NOT mean it can reach 4GHz on average.

4) Everyone who doesn't speak in favour of AMD is referred as an Intel fanboy by AMD fanboys.

5) TOM and Anandtech always show Intel being superior these days which you disagree. Go to other sites which show that AMD being superior.

m
l
April 29, 2010 4:01:16 PM

I will just end right here because it's pretty much pointless to point out anything to a stubborn person. Enjoy.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 7:15:33 AM

Closed minded AMD fanboys can't accept the fact.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 1:15:22 PM

andy5174 said:

:pfff: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2010 12:25:44 AM

Well its true intel has the performance... But AMD has the best price over performance factor. I mean, if I'm correct, The 1090T is a better chip that the i7 975. Clearly because even though you could easily overclock the 975. The chip is nearly 1000$ on Newegg. While the 1090T only being 300$ reaches the level of 975. Just saying. Price over performance. Also....

+1 warmon6
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2010 12:39:26 AM

andy5174 said:

Maybe so... but not all AMD fanboys are closed minded. I already accepted that X6 did not beat i7 but what the heck? Having an AM3 motherboard, it is still the most sensible upgrade path for me.
I haven't regretted my choice of going AMD so far. Still getting my full money's worth.

m
l
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2010 2:09:03 AM

aznshinobi said:
Well its true intel has the performance... But AMD has the best price over performance factor. I mean, if I'm correct, The 1090T is a better chip that the i7 975. Clearly because even though you could easily overclock the 975. The chip is nearly 1000$ on Newegg. While the 1090T only being 300$ reaches the level of 975. Just saying. Price over performance. Also....

+1 warmon6

No one force you to get the immensely overpriced i7-975. An OCed i7-930 can easily beat up the stock i7-975.

i7-930 is cheaper (and actually $100 cheaper if you are near a Microcenter) and performs better than 1090T when OCed.

Learn how to OC, noobish AMD fanboy.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2010 2:13:07 AM

randomkid said:
Maybe so... but not all AMD fanboys are closed minded. I already accepted that X6 did not beat i7 but what the heck? Having an AM3 motherboard, it is still the most sensible upgrade path for me.
I haven't regretted my choice of going AMD so far. Still getting my full money's worth.

Yeah, I agree X6 is more reasonable to the kinds like you who already have an AM3 MB.

I actually recommended X6 to someone who owns an AM3 MB here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/281150-28-intel-980x-...
Quote:
i7-980X is of course better, but the performance gain is definitely not worth the premium. I would recommend that you get the 1055T as you already have a compatible mb.
m
l
!