FOUND THE SOURCE! But now what?

jc10376

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hi all!

I have a question, it is regarding some blur lines that appear on my screen when I connect the TV coaxial cable. I have my pc connected to 2 monitors:

- 28 inch Hannspree ST289MUB 1920x1200
- 18.5 inch Acer X183H 1366x768

I use the Hansspree to watch TV and also as a computer monitor (I just switch the input from TV to PC). But I've noticed that when I am in pc mode some tiny blur lines appear on both the Acer and the Hannspree monitors because of the Coaxial cable that is connected to the Hannspree (for the use as TV). If I disconnect the cable, the lines instantly disappear.

Does anyone know what I can do to not have the lines appear and keep the coaxial cable connected? Thanks!! :D

Solution
If it is not defect of tv then I would think
that is what RF interference
Try a better quality coax
or also a RF choke on coax line
I believe they do make coax with built on RF chokes (usually a round barrel object) on end of coax
A standard RF choke is square and you will see them in various electronic equipment if you have any "scrap" towers/electronics around the house
also can be purchased from electronics parts stores like Radio Shack

The best bet is if you have alternative way to connect tv to source
for example RCA Red White Yellow - composite,S-vdeo,Hdmi or DVI

If you are using a cable box/satellite box they usually have one of those options

If it is not defect of tv then I would think
that is what RF interference
Try a better quality coax
or also a RF choke on coax line
I believe they do make coax with built on RF chokes (usually a round barrel object) on end of coax
A standard RF choke is square and you will see them in various electronic equipment if you have any "scrap" towers/electronics around the house
also can be purchased from electronics parts stores like Radio Shack

The best bet is if you have alternative way to connect tv to source
for example RCA Red White Yellow - composite,S-vdeo,Hdmi or DVI

If you are using a cable box/satellite box they usually have one of those options

Solution