Sign in with
Your question
Solved

2.3 > 2.5

Last response: in Overclocking
November 30, 2012 5:55:32 PM

So I got a new GTX 650 Ti SSC 2GB card and it works fine but my CPU is bottlenecking it more than I originally expected. I have a AMD Phenom X4 clocked at 2.3GHz and I want to over clock it to 2.5GHz because its not a extremely large performance hit as is. Would it be safe to overclock each core to 2.5 without having to change power BIOS or adding an extra fan? I can add a fan if needed.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

More about : question

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2012 8:11:11 PM

PlanetaryPenguin321 said:
So I got a new GTX 650 Ti SSC 2GB card and it works fine but my CPU is bottlenecking it more than I originally expected. I have a AMD Phenom X4 clocked at 2.3GHz and I want to over clock it to 2.5GHz because its not a extremely large performance hit as is. Would it be safe to overclock each core to 2.5 without having to change power BIOS or adding an extra fan? I can add a fan if needed.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

With the stock cooler not sure , stock cooler barely kept my opteron cool at stock clocks when gaming or taxing the cpu hard , with an oc temps could get in the danger zone fast
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2012 9:01:42 PM

you can get a decnt cooler for 18.00 the 9.00 masscool at tiger sold out , but the deepcool/logiysis mc 3002gx is pretty good , use it on my x6 oc'ed @3.9 and temps don't go over 53c taxed to the max . Coolermaster tx3 is also good enough for light oc . Good luck
m
l
!