wow - what a difference a new vid card makes

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 4, 2004 9:11:18 PM

Upgraded to 5900XT - world of difference. Cranked features up to full -
unbelieveble atmosphere
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 5, 2004 2:44:22 AM

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:11:18 -0500, "the churchwarden" <no@no.com> wrote:

>Upgraded to 5900XT - world of difference. Cranked features up to full -
>unbelieveble atmosphere

What card did you have before?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB

All the effects worked fine on that card but it was just too slow. Probably
around 10fps.

Found a decent deal on ebay for a 5900 so I grabbed it. It was around $150
so I can't complain. Should last long enough for halflife 2.

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:11:18 -0500, "the churchwarden" <no@no.com> wrote:
>
> >Upgraded to 5900XT - world of difference. Cranked features up to full -
> >unbelieveble atmosphere
> >
> What card did you have before?
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 5, 2004 2:44:24 AM

Cool. I have a Ti4600 (which is going into my wife's machine) and just
received my Leadtec FX5900XT from newegg. Haven't had time to install it
yet, but now I'm hoping for big Thiefy joy as well!

-craig

the churchwarden wrote:
> Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB
>
> All the effects worked fine on that card but it was just too slow.
> Probably around 10fps.
>
> Found a decent deal on ebay for a 5900 so I grabbed it. It was
> around $150 so I can't complain. Should last long enough for
> halflife 2.
>

> "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:11:18 -0500, "the churchwarden" <no@no.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Upgraded to 5900XT - world of difference. Cranked features up to
>>> full - unbelieveble atmosphere
>>>
>> What card did you have before?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Cecil
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 5, 2004 8:06:47 AM

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:22:42 -0500, "the churchwarden" <no@no.com> wrote:

>Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB
>
>All the effects worked fine on that card but it was just too slow. Probably
>around 10fps.
>
>Found a decent deal on ebay for a 5900 so I grabbed it. It was around $150
>so I can't complain. Should last long enough for halflife 2.

You're assuming HL2 will come out this decade? Silly. :)

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 5, 2004 7:44:53 PM

Yep - you'll notice a huge difference...

The FLAMES actually flicker at normal speed instead of in slow motion
"Craig Hulett" <First.Last@attbi.com> wrote in message
> Cool. I have a Ti4600 (which is going into my wife's machine) and just
> received my Leadtec FX5900XT from newegg. Haven't had time to install it
> yet, but now I'm hoping for big Thiefy joy as well!
>
> -craig
>
> the churchwarden wrote:
> > Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB
> >
> > All the effects worked fine on that card but it was just too slow.
> > Probably around 10fps.
> >
> > Found a decent deal on ebay for a 5900 so I grabbed it. It was
> > around $150 so I can't complain. Should last long enough for
> > halflife 2.
> >

> > "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

> >> What card did you have before?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Michael Cecil
> >> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 5, 2004 7:56:37 PM

Curious - did you actually go through the official uninstall-to-VGA removal
of your current drivers before dropping the new card in and reinstalling, or
did you literally just swap cards? Assuming you were already running the
ForceWare drivers...

-craig

the churchwarden wrote:
> Yep - you'll notice a huge difference...
>
> The FLAMES actually flicker at normal speed instead of in slow motion
> "Craig Hulett" <First.Last@attbi.com> wrote in message
>> Cool. I have a Ti4600 (which is going into my wife's machine) and
>> just received my Leadtec FX5900XT from newegg. Haven't had time to
>> install it yet, but now I'm hoping for big Thiefy joy as well!
>>
>> -craig
>>
>> the churchwarden wrote:
>>> Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB
>>>
>>> All the effects worked fine on that card but it was just too slow.
>>> Probably around 10fps.
>>>
>>> Found a decent deal on ebay for a 5900 so I grabbed it. It was
>>> around $150 so I can't complain. Should last long enough for
>>> halflife 2.
>>>

>>> "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 6, 2004 4:18:13 AM

"the churchwarden" <no@no.com> writes:

> Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB
>
> All the effects worked fine on that card but it was just too slow. Probably
> around 10fps.

Gah, I've got Ti 4200 64MB and I thought it was still pretty high end
since it's not very old. The endless upgrade headache continues...

--
Darin Johnson
I'm not a well adjusted person, but I play one on the net.

i just swapped. The Nvidia uses a unified driver so it was a straight swap.

!