538studios

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
I am piecing a computer together through cyberpowerpc.com. I know, I know, they have somewhat of a bad reputation. I know a few people that have ordered machine's through them and have had no problems. The last thing I am trying to decide on is the SSD. I have a choice between the 120 GB Intel 320 Series SATA-II 3.0Gb/s SSD - 270 MB/s Read & 130MB/s Write or the 128 GB Plextor PX-128M2P Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 420MB/s Read & 210MB/s Write. I plan on this system to be a gaming computer, but I do want to do some video editing and 3D modeling/Photoshop work on it. Which of these two drives would be best for my situation in your opinions? Thank you.

I would go with the Intel drive , I know it's only sata2 but the reliability is there with the Intel drive and as for gaming the only effect that a SSD has is in the loading of the maps and the SSD even though a sata2 is going to make a difference while a sata3 will only load the maps just a little bit quicker than the sata2. The other things you are doind with the computer depend on the ram , cpu and video card more then the drives themselves.