Sign in with
Your question

Question regarding GTX 580 BIOS

Last response: in Overclocking
December 1, 2012 12:33:23 AM

Hi, I have an Inno 3D GTX 580 with the IChill tri fan air cooling system and would like to modify the BIOS so that I can increase fan speed up to 100% as it is currently capped at 85%. I know that the EVGA GTX 580 Firmware / Fanspeed Unlocker Utility 1.4 unlocks the fanspeed. Can I use this with my card since it isn't an EVGA?

Thank you for your time.

More about : question gtx 580 bios

Related resources
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
December 2, 2012 3:27:21 AM

Bumps are not allowed.

Why do you need 100% fan speed?

I wouldn't try flashing the cards BIOS to another manufacture. A failed flash can result to a bricked card.
December 2, 2012 2:26:10 PM

amuffin said:
Bumps are not allowed.

I wouldn't try flashing the cards BIOS to another manufacture. A failed flash can result to a bricked card.

Thanks for replying. What is one supposed to do if their thread disappears and isn't answered, start a new thread?

I'd like 100% fan speed for overclocking, could come in handy. I guess I'll have to edit the BIOS myself then.
a b U Graphics card
a c 231 K Overclocking
December 2, 2012 2:49:12 PM

amuffin said:
Bumps are not allowed.

Affirmative!

Hardware Fanatic said:
Thanks for replying. What is one supposed to do if their thread disappears and isn't answered, start a new thread?

I'd like 100% fan speed for overclocking, could come in handy. I guess I'll have to edit the BIOS myself then.

Bumping a thread is against forum rules, that's just the way it is, there's no real explanation of what you should do when your thread disappears from the front page, just as a suggestion you could always have a conversation with yourself that's not actually bumping it.

I really wouldn't even consider BIOS flashing the card with some other brands flash!

If you really educate yourself on what you're doing you could modify the BIOS parameters of your card manually using NiBiTor., and create your own flash, for it to do what you want it to do.

This is serious stuff so do not take it lightly, and save your original GPU BIOS in case you have to flash it back!

Good Luck!

http://www.mvktech.net/
December 2, 2012 8:00:07 PM

4Ryan6 said:
Affirmative!

Bumping a thread is against forum rules, that's just the way it is, there's no real explanation of what you should do when your thread disappears from the front page, just as a suggestion you could always have a conversation with yourself that's not actually bumping it.

I really wouldn't even consider BIOS flashing the card with some other brands flash!

If you really educate yourself on what you're doing you could modify the BIOS parameters of your card manually using NiBiTor., and create your own flash, for it to do what you want it to do.

This is serious stuff so do not take it lightly, and save your original GPU BIOS in case you have to flash it back!

Good Luck!

http://www.mvktech.net/

!